Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David M Rutledge
Dr. David M Rutledge, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mansfield, TX, with other offices in Mansfield, TX and Fort Worth, TX . He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Rutledge is affiliated with Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth and Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth. Dr. Rutledge has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David M Rutledge has the following 1 specialty
Dr. David M Rutledge has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 13
When visiting with a surgeon you already know there is a surgeon in your future so I was worried already. I have had bad experiences before where surgeons were cold and curt and lacking in compassion. This surgeon was none of those things. My time with him was limited but every time we spoke he explained everything that would happen and what our choices were and how soon we should have results. The visit in the hospital right before surgery where they draw on you to show where to cut I told him to just take it out, I wasn't concerned about how pretty the cut was. So he said "well, I am and it will look good for you." And it does. The day after surgery I got a call with the initial results from the surgery and to call back on Tuesday for the rest of the results if they hadn't called me first. That day they also called from his off ice to check on me and see how I was feeling and if I needed anything. I would rate this doctor and staff an A+++ Amazing experience. Thank you Dr. Rutledge.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Rutledge is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1994
St Paul Medical Center
Dr. David M Rutledge accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David M Rutledge is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mansfield, TX.