Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David S Barnes has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Liver Transplantation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatitis B
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 8
Most excellent doctor! I always felt better after speaking with him. Always had time to answer any and all questions. Had complete trust in him! Now that I have had a transplant I miss seeing him.
Dr. barnes is an exceptional Doctor. I see him for autoimmune Hepatitis. He is very knowledgable about liver diseases and keeps himself up to date on medicine and trials that work. he is very personable and calls me at home about lab work and med changes himself. Something that you wouldn't think a well known hepatologist would do from a hospital like the cleveland clinic. I recommend Dr. Barnes to anyone who has liver disease.
From the moment that I met Dr. Barnes, I felt totally comfortable. He's an intelligent doctor with a tremendous 'bed-side' manner. I was very impressed with his knowledge and would highly recommend him. Additionally, the staff at the Cleveland Clinic are extremely courteous and make you feel comfortable.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
37 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. David S Barnes accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Dr. David S Barnes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.