Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David S Mendelson has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. David S Mendelson has the following 12 expertise
- Cancerous Tumor
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Developmental Disorders
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Dr. David S Mendelson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Mendleson was nice and compassionate AT FIRST. I did 4 dose dense AC treatments which were very hard for me. Then on does dense treatment of TAXOL which left me in excruciating pain that I was never warned about. When I complained, Dr Mendelson god angry told me I would not be receiving anymore treatments...just like that. Then he ignored other symptoms I had outside of severe pain...like a cough and fever. He barked at me that they were just side effects of the Taxol. At that point I lost trust in him and searched for another doctor. A few days later, my new doctor checked me into the hospital with a very serious case of PCP pneumonia. I am glad I trusted my instinct and found another doctor who would listen to me. My life was on the line and Dr. Mendelson dropped the ball.
I feel that Dr. Mendelson is not only knowledgeable regarding Multiple Myeloma, which I have, he is also extremely caring which is very important to me. I have also found that everyone I have come in contact with in Dr. Mendelson's office is the same way...knowledgeable and caring. I feel that I have the best care for my cancer and I am extremely pleased with Dr. Mendelson and the employees in his office.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
45 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. David S Mendelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPinnacle Oncology And Hematology, 9055 E Del Camino Dr Ste 100, Scottsdale, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David S Mendelson in this video.
Dr. David S Mendelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.