Dr. David E Safir Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. David E Safir?

Beware... Don't ask questions!

My husband and I went to Dr. Safir for a consultation to see if he might become our first pediatrician. We are both soon to be new parents. The front office staff was very friendly and helpful. We liked the waiting room with the toys accessible for waiting children. Upon meeting Dr. Safir we felt as ease and really liked his personality. Then we started talking about baby expectations. Within minutes Dr. Safir had switched from welcoming and talkative to demeaning and defensive. We were reminded several times of his 35 years of experience and how our questions were pre-supposing more knowledge than him. He let us know that our conversation was NOT going well and we shouldn't waste any more time. We mutually agreed to leave. Being pregnant and soon to be a mom for the first time, this experience left a terrible impression on me. As soon as we left the office, I started crying. I don't think pediatiricians should make a new mom feel this way. Now I'm reluctant to try other doctors. I know we need one, but am dreading a similar experience. If you are the type of person who likes to be explained procedures including risks, benefits and alternatives, asks lots of questions or asks about current research this is NOT the doctor for you.

Autism Spectrum Disorder