Dr. David Salvage Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Salvage?

Posted on November 16th, 2017

He secretly videotapes visitors with equipment inside his home-office in Brooklyn that is full of his cats' fur on chairs and rugs that smells like urine. He does not take insurances only cash. His cats interrupting the session and demands attention. He doubled booked appointments and makes to wait for over an hour.

HUMANISM IN MEDICINE

Posted on January 24th, 2015

He seemed to blend being brilliant and also highly connected. He really followed through in helping to create a team approach with my other doctors. It really changed the course of my treatment.

Kind and compassionate

Posted on February 27th, 2014

Of all the psychiatrists I have sought treatment from David has by far been the best at listening to my concerns and showing genuine interest in improving my life. I have never felt that any of my sessions was just one of 10 scheduled in the day and have never felt that David did not genuine feel a concern in helping me improve my life. I would genuinely recommend anyone seeking a psychiatrist to get in touch with David. He's been immensely helpful to me.

Posted on October 3rd, 2011

I have tried a few different psychaitrists and didn't like most of them but Dr. Salvage was very, very nice and made me feel like I was not crazy even though I was having a hard time. He is very patient and listens and seems to really care, and he also made me feel hopeful. I am seeing him for medication and for therapy and I feel very comfortable, and recommend him highly.

SMART AND NICE

Posted on September 29th, 2011

I've seen Dr. Salvage for a number of years. He's one of the few doctors I've worked with who has really listened and explains all tne nuances of medicines. Also, has been able to gently push me to consider some things I wouldn't have on my own, but which have proven to really help. You can feel he's the real deal.

Helped me through a troubling time

Posted on September 26th, 2011

Dr Salvage helped me work my way though some very difficult personal times. My need to talk through the issues and not just take pills was met with a genuine and sincere kindness. Dr. Salvage helped me come to my own understanding of what the underlying causes may have been.I was very happy to have his unbiased view. His insight and knowledge of the human psyche were keenly on point. After a few months of regular meetings my focus on life was significantly different. This was very useful in my gaining understanding of what was happening in my life. I would highly recommend him.

Posted on September 25th, 2011

compassionate and an excellent diagnostition

Posted on September 23rd, 2011

I had chronic and debilitating insomnia for decades. My GP referred me to a therapist for "depression and anxiety I saw the therapist for 10 years and greatly benefited from the therapy but the insomnia continued to worsen. After one consultation with Dr. Salvage, he strongly suspected I had a physical (not emotional) issue and sent me for a sleep study which affirmed his diagnosis. He is an amazing clinician, and I have to say really changed my life. I have referred several friends for both chronic and acute issues. They have all reported back that they think he is an excellent physician and therapist.

I highly recommend him.

Posted on September 21st, 2011

Dr. Salvage is a very thoughtful and caring psychiatrist who holds himself in a professional manner. I am always impressed at his vast knowledge of his field, and I find his consultation very helpful. I would recommend him to my friends and loved ones as he passionate about helping people figure out how best to handle their important issues.

First Rate

Posted on September 20th, 2011

While I was skeptical at first about seeing a psychiatrist, Dr. Salvage put my concerns to rest and helped me through the most difficult time in my life. Dr. Salvage was recommended to me and I would recommended his services to you as well. I've never been to another psychiatrist and thanks to Dr. Salvage, I won't have to.

Posted on September 7th, 2011

David is deft with the western canon, psychoanalytical theory and possesses a world of empathy and compassion. I'm your basic middle-aged recovering alcoholic trying to live as an integrated and vibrant person. I strongly feel that with David, I have an ally who can help me transform my personal narrative into a fully-lived and realized life. Oh, and in response to the last commentator --yes, David has cats and they are adorable (I'm horribly allergic and have zero problems with his felines).

THE NICEST MAN

Posted on July 1st, 2011

Dr. Salvage had that rare thing that doctors need to have -- it's easy to feel that you can tell him anything. After a good 60 minute consultation he was very helpful in crafting a realistic plan that made sense to me. His response rate in returning phone calls and ironing things out with pharmacies/insurance other things is simply unsurpassed. He has a genuine manner and relates with respect. I'm more than satisfied with the treatment I'm getting!