More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David R Schmottlach has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
My kids have been seeing Dr. Scmottlach for the past 16 years. He has been their primary doc since they were born and he has cared for them through high school. To see the reviews from these other two parents is upsetting. Obviously, they were having a bad day. Dr. Schmottlach has always been available, caring, funny and spends time with the kids even when his schedule is jammed. The medical practice is a business with many moving parts. Unfortunately, people can just say what they want and have it published on the internet. It will be a sad day when he decides to retire.
We are new to the area and went to Dr. Schmotlach based on the recommendation of the woman we bought our house from. I have serious concerns about this doctor's care and warn any parent to stay away not only from this physician, but from this entire practice. The office staff is unprofessional, rude, inefficient and do not return phone calls. The two nurses we met were grouchy and quite rough when handling our son and giving him vaccinations. On our last visit to Dr. Schmotlach the doctor spent the entire appointment hitting on my mother-in-law (at first I thought he was kidding, but realized by the third lewd comment that he was entirely serious. When he got no encouragement for his outrageous behavior he said, "Well, you know it is time to retire when the grandmothers start looking good.")During this appointment he barely glanced at my sick child before misdiagnosing him (something I learned when he saw another doctor). When I went to fill the prescription Dr. Schmotlach gave me (to treat the disease my child did not actually have) the local pharmacist told me that the medicine prescribed had not been manufactured for over a year and that she had personally told Dr. Schmotlach this three times in the last week. I think, in the doctor's own words, it is indeed "time to retire."
After being at this practice with both my son and daughter since birth, I can honestly say I am very disappointed in how the practice has changed. The costs are exhorbitant with very little time being spent on each patient. They will squeeze every cent out of you by the time you walk out the door. Needless to say after many years I am now moving my kids to another practice, one that practices medicine for the right reasons.
- University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. David R Schmottlach accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Primary Care Medical Group, 285 N El Camino Real Ste 114, Encinitas, CA
Dr. David R Schmottlach is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.