Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Schteingart
Dr. David Schteingart, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ann Arbor, MI, with other offices in Ann Arbor, MI and Ann Arbor, MI (and 1 other location). He has 59 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Schteingart is affiliated with Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers and University of Michigan Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. David Schteingart has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Adrenal Cortex Cancer
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- Cushing Syndrome
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I dislike that he only sees patients on Wednesdays. I dislike that every appointment except for one I was kept waiting in the exam room for at least 1/2hour and at times up to 3 hours. Prescriptions are written for 1 year and if you can't make the appointment, no new prescriptions are written for the interim. I am looking for a new doctor!
Dr. Schteingart is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center
University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
University of Michigan Health System
59 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1954
Dr. David Schteingart accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Schteingart in this video.
Dr. David Schteingart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.