Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David W Seignious
Dr. David W Seignious, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Johns Island, SC. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Seignious is affiliated with Roper Hospital and Bon Secours-St Francis Hospital. Dr. Seignious has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. David W Seignious has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
I have been a patient of Dr. Seignious for 20 years. Since opening his weight loss clinic Dr. Seignious has lost empathy and the desire to practice family medicine. Last year I needed help with an ADA accommodation for work and he did not have the time or fortitude to help me. Today I went in with shortness of breathe and a cough. Dr. Seignious treated me like a drug addict when I requested cough syrup for my cough. He told me there was an epidemic of abuse in this country and that he no longer prescribed cough syrup. I was taken aback, that he was treating me as if he had never meet me and that I was an addict trying to get codedine. I am not an addict nor do I abuse prescription medication. His inability to see each patient as an individual versus a society is unprofessional and uncaring. Dr. Seignious has no problem prescribing and filling prescriptions for phen-phen at a $100 a pop! I guess there is more money and less oversight in the weightloss business. As of today he is no longer my doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Seignious is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Dr. David W Seignious accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMaybank Internal Medicine, 3312 Maybank Hwy # A, Johns Island, SC
Dr. David W Seignious is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johns Island, SC.