Dr. David Sherry Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Sherry?

Posted on April 19th, 2017

Although Dr. Sherry was helpful, his office management was horrible and as a results we paid a lot of money and nothing was accomplished. After visiting 10 specialists, we were referred to Dr. Sherry. It was a relief to hear him say..."I know what your son has. There is an 80% chance I can cure him and 100% chance I can make his life better" We left with hope. Then the nightmare began. I received a call saying our insurance did not cover the services he needed, there was nothing they could do. (We had BCBS, what had been excellent insurance for us so I was very surprised). Trying to reach Vanessa (Office manager) was difficult because she rarely returned phone calls and did not communicate well. When I asked, What are my options, she referred me to the nurse practitioner. When I spoke to her she asked, "Why are you calling me, I didn't see your son". Finally I was given the option to come see an OT/PT in the AMPS clinic who could help individualize a home therapy plan. We drove all the way back (from NC). Our "individualized" assessment consisted of a 12 min run on a treadmill and the "individualized plan" consisted of a photocopied total body work out. For that we received a bill for $1900. Disgusting. Our medical system is broken! Do not waste your time with this office.

Posted on March 4th, 2017

Don't let the clown nose fool you. He should be wearing horns! He is an evil man hiding behind stupid jokes. He is using your children as mice in an experiment. However, unlike medical mouse studies, he will dismiss any patients with an unfavorable outcome. If you choose to go down this road, good luck, hopefully your children won't die.

Posted on September 24th, 2016

Dr sherry lies to his patients. He spells it out in his numerous journal articles. He does not believe in AMPS/RND/RSD/CRPS pain and he manipulates parents into letting his staff emotionally abuse their kids. Do not see this man.

Thank you Dr. Sherry and CHOP! You are AMAZING!!!

Posted on July 24th, 2016

Dr. Sherry is an amazing doctor and even though my pain hasn't gone away yet, I am grateful to him for making me functional. We scheduled my appointment at CHOP with Dr. Sherry because I had been diagnosed with RSD/CRPS and none of the treatments where I lived were working. My parents found Dr. Sherry and his amazing treatment program, and he was the best doctor I had ever met. He was very knowledgeable, and gave me an accurate and detailed description of my diagnosis that I could understand. He told jokes that I would pretend weren't funny, but they actually were. He takes his time with you and never makes you feel like he's in a rush or has to see other patients; all of my appointments were pretty long. About a month and a half after my initial evaluation at CHOP, I went to Philadelphia to start my treatment at the hospital with physical and occupational therapy, accompanied by psychological counseling. My four weeks at CHOP were the hardest and most painful weeks I have ever experienced, and probably will ever experience, but they gave me my life back. I had swimming every morning, which could never compare to the intensity of the swimming workouts I normally do, but helped to prepare me for when I went back home. I practiced carrying laundry up the stairs and other basic life functions in occupational therapy, and I know that I would be nowhere near as functional as I am now without them. Physical therapy got me ready to be an active soccer-loving tween again, and now I can run and cut just as well as my teammates who don't have RSD/CRPS. My favorite parts of my stay at CHOP were Fun Fridays (when all of the AMPS patients would work together during physical therapy for an hour and have fun) and lunch (where all of the patients could talk openly about our days, our worries about returning to normal life, our challenges, and encourage each other. I am now close friends with the people I met at CHOP who were just like me. AMPS is caused in part by stress, and some of that stress is from having nobody around who has or knows a lot about your condition. Seeing other kids go through what I'm going through really helped me on my path to recovery, and I'd like to thank all of my friends for that). I want to say a special thank you to all of the people who helped me to become the competitive athlete that I am now: Dr. Sherry, Deb, Traci, Steve, Ashley, Jamie, Joyce, Jaclyn, Lori, David, Michelle, Ed, and every other person who works at CHOP! Thank you!

Posted on April 20th, 2016

Dr Sherry is an evil man..he has spread his lies across the country to several other "Pain programs" for children. My child suffered from a REAL horrible disorder called RSD, not AMPS..AMPS is a word he made up..basically he says this is not a real disorder and it is all in there head. If that is not sick enough, he gives lectures to medical people where he says, " the MOM is the problem" " If you separate the child from the MOM the problem (RSD) goes away" I swear this is true..He harms innocent children with his twisted philosophy and is fooled by desperate parents searching for something to help their child. DO NOT EVER let your child be treated by this horrible man..he will call the DCF on any parent that questions his beliefs, BEWARE of him. The other "Programs" that share his horrible philosophy are The Cleveland Clinic Children's Pain Program, PPRC at Boston Children's Hospital. Do not subject your child to this abusive doctor!

DR SHERRY IS A HORRIBLE DOCTOR. STAY AWAY !!!!

Posted on March 22nd, 2016

Dr. Sherry is a horribel doctor. I took my child to him and he was cruel and mean to her. He made her worse and then kicked her out. He destroyed my family.

Medical Ethics

Posted on February 5th, 2016

Dr. Sherry's program needs a serious review by a medical ethics board. The doctors at Chop are now slap-happy to diagnose children with this disorder. It is a serious cas cow for the hospital. If your child is diagnosed without out any real medical science behind it, seek another opinion. The children are victims of horrible treatment and MANY don't recover simply because they were misdiagnosed.

Posted on December 11th, 2015

Wonderful program, wonderful doctor and staff. Extremely thankful to everyone at CHOP who helped my daughter get back to her healthy, happy self. I would recommend the AMPS to everyone!

Posted on February 18th, 2015

His program is very busy because he is the best at what he does. We are blessed to live in the region so we did not have to travel far like so many. Thank you.

One of the Great's

Posted on February 13th, 2015

Dr. Sherry is one of a kind. I am currently in the AMPs program and I couldn't be happier to have him as my doctor. He is one of the best medical professionals that I have come across (and trust me I've seen a lot over the past year.)

Amazing results!

Posted on June 21st, 2012

Dr Sherry treated my son for RSD after we had been to so many doctors and physical therapists who couldn't help. Dr Sherry and his PT staff are amazing and my son is now pain free for 3 years.Anyone with a child with RSD NEEDS to get to Dr Sherry!!!!

Posted on May 3rd, 2011

Dr. Sherry is a kooky, brilliant doctor. My daughter went through his program and sadly is not 100% cured, but is completely confident that she can do ANYTHING and will never let her pain hold her back. Too many doctors we visited fed my then 15 year old narcotics & muscle relaxers and told her the pain was in her head. I would love to see him study WHY the condition occurs, but I am so grateful that we found him. What a wonderful physician!