Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Shewmon
Dr. David A Shewmon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakewood, OH. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shewmon is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Akron General. Dr. Shewmon has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Shewmon has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Nodule
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Pituitary Diseases
Showing 5 of 14
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Shewmon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. David A Shewmon accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLakewood Hospital, 14519 Detroit Ave, Lakewood, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Shewmon in this video.
Dr. David A Shewmon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, OH.