Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David A Short has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. David A Short has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. David A Short has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I hAve the misfortune experience wit this man twice and can not believe they let this man have a medical license. He was not my Dr. At Redding Family Medical Group but had an emergency the 1st time I saw him on a Saturday morning about 10 years ago. I am a diabetic and also have Moyamoya disease. This disease is when your blood supply to your brain is cut off and you get horrible migrains. I was in horrific pain that morning so when I went to see him I was desperate. Mind you they have all my records there and had to have 3 brain surgeries. This man man not only harassed me and lectured me for 30 min.he basically said I was labour my pain brought me to tears. After scolding me like a child (mind you I was 40 yrs old at the time) a nurse who knew me there finally gave me a shot that took the pain away in about 10 min. The next unfortunate experience happened about 9 years later, my Dr. Was out of town and all I needed was a prescription for test strips to check my blood sugar, he comes in and lectures me about diabetes. ..mind you I take very good care of myself and have had this disease for over 4t years. All I wanted was a prescription, no big deal or that's what I thought. This dr. If that's what you want to call him is horrible and I think he was probably abused as a child to be so insecure. RFMG needs to take a better look at the staff they have if they care. Don't take my word for it just look at his ratings on the Internet and they speak for itself. As a business man and consumer I would never do work or use his services. Other patients that I've talked to feel the same way. Being a Dr. Means being kind and caring.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1979
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. David A Short accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRedding Family Medical Group, 2510 Airpark Dr Ste 201, Redding, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Short in this video.
Dr. David A Short is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redding, CA.