Dr. David M Simpson Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. David M Simpson?

Peripheral Neuraphy

Extremely knowledgeable and thorough during exams and during discussion period.

Not for publication

Dr Simpson is extremely thorough . I was very grateful that I had the opportunity to have visited him. And if anyone can help me I don't know any other doctor as capable or interested.

Solid 2nd opinion; don't expect more

Dr. Simpson is extremely bright and clearly a very well-educated neurologist. I personally found him to be very opinionated, not only about my condition and diagnosis, but also in his advice about non-surgical next steps. He didn't offer anything on a forward basis and passed me off to someone who had no information about, or experience, with my condition. Throughout the consult I felt more like I was a number and not a patient who he had spent time treating at a prior appt. He didn't remember my injury or any of my concerns; didn't seem to even remember me. Dr. Simpson made it known that he did not want to continue helping me on an ongoing basis for a very difficult and debilitating problem, and one in which he has a lot of experience treating. I got the feeling that I was a burden, and someone on whom he could order $$ one-time tests and later ditch. I left his office feeling more isolated and depressed about my condition than ever before. I was also prepared to have Dr. Simpson perform the tests he personally promised to carry out, but they were done by not one but two others instead -- not what we had agreed to at my first consult. Also, he ordered tests which provided less information about my condition than the results of outside tests I brought with me. I got the sense that I was a guinea pig and a teaching tool for his students. If you're looking for a solid second opinion then Dr. Simpson warrants your time, but I wouldn't expect much more than that. Be prepared to not have all your questions answered and good luck finding a free chair in the cramped waiting area. PS the dining area in the hospital's cafeteria was surprisingly filthy, and the neurology exam rooms are dated, small and dreary.

Dr. Simpson is one of the most horrible doctors I have ever met with. His bedside manner was an embarrassment and he was not only abrupt, oppositional, and impatient, but he was very rough in his physical testing with a patient that has severe back injuries. He had an ego and was a disgrace to a very reputable hospital. He seemed more interested pushing pills, than he was with actually finding a medical solution. Additionally, his diagnosis was incorrect and it was a direct result of his lack of interest.

Genius

Excellent experience!

Proactive Dr

I see Dr David Simpson at the Muscular Dystrophy Clinic in MI. He is a compassionate, caring doctor who listens to what I have to say about my disease. I like that he thinks outside the box for treatment options.

When I first met Dr.Simpson he was very compasion with me,I have bell palsy and could not afford the medicine, he helped me get the medicine I needed. Thank you and I will never forget your help.

He is a waste of time and money

I went to see him because I had peripheral nerve damage and heard that was his field of expertise. No such thing. He actually said I did not have it! Despite all the obvious symptoms, he insisted that PN was not the issue. He did not offer any diagnosis and no follow up at all. He is weird and uncommunicative. Stay away!!

Disappointed

I was thrilled when he began as a caring, reassuring doctor, telling me he would get to the heart of the problem after another neurologist referred me to him. However, he discussed ER patients with a student dr. in front of me. After an initial test failed to identify the problem, Dr. Simpson gave up and offered unprofessional advice. NOT impressed.

One of the best doctors in New York for neuropathy. I was referred to him by other neurologists. His office facilities in the hospital are barebones, but he has all the necessary diagnostic equipment available to him including EEG, etc.

An excellent MD who needs improvement in his bedside manner

extraordinary

An expert in his field with a way of explaining complex medical issues in a simple way that even I could understand and appreciate. It gave me new insight into my own condition and the issues I may face in the future.