Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. A Slater
Dr. A Slater, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery and Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Slater is affiliated with Baptist Health Louisville, Jewish Hospital Shelbyville and University of Louisville Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. A Slater has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
Dr. A Slater has the following 5 expertise
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Transplantation
Dr. A Slater has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Slater is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baptist Health Louisville
Jewish Hospital Shelbyville
University of Louisville Hospital
Clark Memorial Hospital
Norton Audubon Hospital
Kosair Children's Hospital
University of Louisville Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery
Norton Suburban Hospital
38 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. A Slater accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Cardio Thoracic Surgical Associates, 201 Abraham Flexner Way, Louisville, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. A Slater in this video.
Dr. A Slater is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.