Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David M Slife
Dr. David M Slife, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX, with other offices in North Richland Hills, TX and Fort Worth, TX . He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Slife is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hurst-Euless-Bedford, Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South and Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth. Dr. Slife has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David M Slife has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I have a history of heart trouble going back to my first MI in 1986 and culminating in a triple CABG in 1997, I have dealt with a LOT of doctors. I can count on one hand those I respect, admire and trust on a personal and professional level. Dr. Slife is one of two at the top of that list. He has kept me alive -- often almost in spite of myself - for the last 10 years. He always took the time to give prompt and thorough answers to my questions - some of which I am sure were paranoid and off the wall. As a DO he dealt with me not just as a collection of symptoms but as a whole person. He never lectured -- but rather gave me the facts -- and insisted I take responsibility for my own responses to them. I understand he will soon me moving to another arena of practice with a teaching element. I will miss him and hate having to look for a replacement. But if he can pass along his knowledge and attitude to others - the world will be a better place.
What can you say about a man or doctor that saves your life. Doctor Slife and his office are very professional and caring. After your first visit you know you are in the right hands. It has been one year and six months since my triple bypass and I know that if it had not been for Dr. Slife's knowledge and experience I would not be writing this today.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Slife is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. David M Slife accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David M Slife in this video.
Dr. David M Slife is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.