Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David M Smink
Dr. David M Smink, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Silver Spring, MD, with other offices in Germantown, MD and Olney, MD . He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Smink is affiliated with Suburban Hospital, Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center and Medstar Montgomery Medical Center. Dr. Smink has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David M Smink has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist Injury
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I can't say enough nice stuff about Dr. Smink. He spent a LOT of time with me trying to figure out the source of my problem. He's not a 5-minute guy with four other patients waiting in other rooms who have appointments exactly the same time as yours . He's obviously an ethical guy, not another money-grubber like another of my physicians who pretends to be happy to see me, but "so long now--kiss-kiss" after five minutes of giving me the once-over. What a relief to find this sort of M.D. in the D.C. area.
Dr. Smink is the most compassionate, smart all around great physician. I met Dr. Smink in 2010 due to a shoulder issue. 4 years later, I injured my other shoulder. There i not a physician I would consider to diagnose and treat my injury other than Dr. Smink. I had a successful unavoidable surgery without a single issue, I had the pleasure of referring several patients to him. All of which were completely satisfied. He is one of a kind! Highly recommended!!
I had gone to other doctors for my knee issue and I kept getting the run around. Dr. Smink told me the problem and the solution. He was very compassionate and caring. 4 years later my knee problems are no more. He is great! The office staff was awesome as well.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2010, 2013, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2010, 2016, 2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Smink is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. David M Smink accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David M Smink in this video.
Dr. David M Smink is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.