Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David J Sosnowik has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
DR. SOSNOWIK SHOULDN'T BE PRACTICING MEDICINE, HE SHOULD BE A BANKER HE ONLY WORRIES ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR AND NOT HIS PATIENTS. HE MAKES YOU WAIT AT LEAST OVER AN HOUR AND CAN'T EVEN GIVE YOU A CORRECT DIAGNOSIS. APPARENTLY HE MUST HAVE BEEN SLEEPING IN MED SCHOOL. AS FOR HIS STAFF THEY ARE REASONABLY JUST OKAY, YOU MUST PAY YOUR CO-PAYMENT BEFORE SEEING HIM, WHAT IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE AND ARE TIRED OF WAITING WHAT ARE YOU TO DO, YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO STAY THERE. THAT ISN'T IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE PATIENT. I THINK HE TOOK THE HIPOCRIT OATH AND NOT THE OTHER. IF YOU HAVE A PERSONALITY CONFLICT WITH HIM OR DON'T LIKE HIM YOU CANNOT SWITCH TO SEE HIS PARTNER, WHAT KIND OF OFFICE IS THAT? THIS WAY YOU ARE STUCK WITH HIM WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. I DON'T THINK THAT IS GOOD OFFICE PROCEDURE. THE PATIENT HAS A RIGHT TO SEE ANY DOCTOR THEY WANT BUT NOT IN THAT OFFICE. I WOULD NOT SEE HIM AGAIN OR RECOMMEND HIM TO ANY FAMILY MEMBERS OR FRIENDS EITHER.
My appointment was for 5pm. Arrived 4:15pm and not seen till 5:30pm. Not done till 7pm. Receptionist collected co-payment as soon as I signed in and before ever seeing doctor. Doctor and staff ran a battery of unneeded test, all of which were normal. The doctor then wanted me to make appointment for another test. Also to obtain blood results required another appointment.
Both my husband and I have been seeing Dr. Sosnowik for years on a limited basis. Recently we've been begun to see him more frequently for a variety of ailments and conditions and there has not been a time when he hasn't been caring, interested in what we had to say and willing to spend time with us to discuss our problems in depth. I value him both as a person and as a doctor. When we first started to see him, maybe 10-12 years ago he had a very unprofessional and rude staff. However NOW the people at the front desk are fantastic. Warm and caring. When you're sick or not feeling well, the last thing you want to deal with is a snotty receptionist. These women are fantastic!! If a visit to a doctor's office could be said to actually be pleasant, then this definitely qualifies.
35 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1983
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. David J Sosnowik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAustin Medical Associates, 7010 Austin St, Forest Hills, NY
Dr. David J Sosnowik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.