Dr. David R Staskin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David R Staskin?

I had a vaginal fistula after having a hysterectomy. A urologist tried to fix when it was found in or. Unfortunately it wasn't fixed. I ended up seeing dr staskin. He was amazing! Very concerned for what I was going through. It was a very difficult fix. He operated just before thanksgiving and I went into see if it was fixed. He had his associate with him during the xray and my husband. When he saw it wasn't fixed because of a blood clot he walked out with tears in his eyes. His associate stayed and explained how upset the dr was, and why it wasn't fixed. I got home and he called me saying apologizing for walking out and said he booked me for surgery day after Thanksgiving. Surgery was a success!! He truly is a caring doctor. A lot of people told me vaginal fistulas are almost impossible to fix. He really dedicated his time to me and I felt like his only patient!

Great and not so great

Dr. Staskin is very caring and easy to talk to -- I like him very much. He is an expert in his field and is willing to try multiple innovative approaches to solve problems other doctors can't. However, he has performed a few procedures on me and I feel like his follow-up is slipping. The first time he operated on me he called me two times to check on me. After a more recent surgery neither he nor his office followed up at all and he missed a post-op complication. I do recommend him -- highly -- but potential patients should be prepared to commandeer their own follow-up care as this physician is very, very busy.

excellent

this is why i go to a doctor - knowledge, technical ability, compassion, efficiency