Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Sterns MD
Dr. David A Sterns, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sterns is affiliated with Nebraska Methodist Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. David A Sterns has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David A Sterns has the following 7 expertise
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. David A Sterns is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
The Best of the Best
Self-verified patient of Dr. David A Sterns - Posted on October 13th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Sterns for probably several months now due to SVT's and Afib episodes. He is a very caring doctor with confidence in what he does which in turn gives you the confidence in him. Since having to have a cardioversion, I appreciated so much his demeanor in helping to alleviate the stress I was feeling prior to the procedure. He has such a caring attitude toward his patients.
Dr. Sterns is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. David A Sterns Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Sterns, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Omaha, NE, in this video.
Dr. David A Sterns is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Omaha, NE.