Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Strouse
Dr. David A Strouse, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA, with another office in Washington, DC. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Strouse is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Strouse has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David A Strouse has the following 7 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
Showing 5 of 8
Strouse is under the medstar group for cardiology. Not only is his office personnel is rude and unprofessional, he is a negligent dr while i was under his care. I complained to medstar through their third party complaint department and they are uncaring and refused to help me after they told me they would. Strousse let another inexperience link heart dr from another group operate on me under his supervision while we were all in surgery . The link was placed in wrong where i had to fight to get it taken out and had alot of physical and mental stress. After i got it taken out, i found out the machine wasnt working. There was no communication.i had no idea what was going on all i know is that with five leg surgeries and had cancer cysts removed, i am not a guinea pig here.
great doctor and spent a lot of time with me going over my medical condition and what her options were. I like the fact that he offered many options and we took the time to go over different choices. I was referred to him by a family friend who also had a great experience with him and had a great result.
Dr. Strouse is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. David A Strouse accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David A Strouse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.