Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David L Struble has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Struble did not have to diagnose me with my ADHD. He did, however, have to diagnose my daughter. It was quite simple...my daughter was doing cart-wheels and walking on her hands the ENTIRE time Dr. Struble was interviewing me about "G". I also had YEARS of documentation to present to him for assessment. Appt's w/Struble are hard to get, yet, he has an INCREDIBLE staff!!!! I believe that he is one of the best in his field.... long wait or not.... he's worth it!!!!
On our first appointment to meet with Dr. Struble regarding our son's ADHD diagnosis we waited nearly THREE HOURS. When we would question how much longer we would have to wait, the office staff was not informative or apologetic. When we finally met with Dr. Struble he never made eye contact, asked questions and would not wait for answers. He talked over us, answered his cell phone and used his tablet computer all while we were meeting with him. Honestly, he seemed quite manic. He too was unapologetic about the three hour wait and told us that was just the way it worked and we could always expect a long wait. We decided to give him a second chance and once again had a horrible experience just like our first meeting. This man should not be allowed to have contact with children after the way he treated us. Our son walked away thinking he was crazy thanks to the way Dr. Struble treated him.
22 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. David L Struble accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVogelfanger & Struvale Clinic, 6005 Park Ave Ste 630B, Memphis, TN
Dr. David L Struble is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.