Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David L Stump
Dr. David L Stump, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Stump is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital and St Lukes Baptist Hospital. Dr. Stump has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. David L Stump has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Stump was the on call dr and was a jerk in the way he talked to me! He didn't think rectal bleeding warranted a call on the weekend. He said, "what do u want me to do about it". He told me to call my dr Monday even though I was on abroad spectrum antibiotic, have complicated stomach and intestinal issues for past 8 yrs that are all so rare! He was belittling and rude! He spent literally 2 minutes on the phone with me!
I quit Dr. Stump when he would not talk to me and his Nurse or PCA was told to answer my concerns. He felt my condition (five days of severe diarrhea with Addison's disease)was not important. I called his "on call"partner the night before. His partner said to be sure to be seen the next day. I have a disease that could send me into adrenal crisis if handled carelessly. Dr. Randell understood my urgency, Dr. Stump wouldn't even bother to talk to me.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Stump is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. David L Stump accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Clinic Of San Antonio Pa, 8550 Datapoint Dr Ste 200, San Antonio, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David L Stump in this video.
Dr. David L Stump is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.