Dr. David Sugarbaker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Sugarbaker?

Dr. Sugarbaker is the best!

Posted on September 30th, 2016

Dr. Sugarbaker is the best, he saved my life. I was diagnosed with mesothelioma 8 years ago and given 6 months to live by a local doctor. I had two young children at the time and with his help, I will see my second daughter graduate high school this year. We got an appointment within a week of my diagnosis and had surgery a month later. He is a brilliant, warm, caring, compassionate man and I would recommend him to anyone. The staff at his Houston office is great too. Last month I climbed to the top of Angel’s landing at Zion National Park with one lung. Thank you Dr. Sugarbaker!

Posted on September 5th, 2016

Terrible personality!!!! Very rude

Professionalism and excellent skills mixed with kindness

Posted on May 12th, 2016

This is the Dr that we were sent to specifically by our radiologist and he was everything we were told he would be. He is just simply a kind professional who has set up a staff to provide the support that is needed to get his patients thru a most difficult process to beat their lung cancer totally. When we have had to wait a bit, we are sure if WE were the cause of his delay, we would want him to finish our procedure before moving on...so it is acceptable. He proactive approach gives people their functional lives back...Thank you so Much Dr Sugarbaker

Hope

Posted on May 3rd, 2016

We went to see Dr Sugarbaker on the advice of our oncologist. We had been given little hope. We trusted Dr Sugarbaker. He came through after having told us of the risk of the surgery. It all went very well but was a lot of work. He told us the fact that a cure for mesothelioma is still in the future. Never the less long term survival is a reality for patients. We have been given hope and we are moving forward.

Posted on April 27th, 2016

My Father was recently treated by Dr. Sugarbaker. He and his staff are a wonderful group of caring and compassionate people. We had hoped my Father would live another 3 years after being diagnosed with Meso but he only survived 10 months after surgery. He had no pain with the surgery but I'm not sure if it did much to extend his quality of life. He also went through 3 rounds of chemo which I feel did nothing. Think and pray hard before you make the decision to have surgery or not. A final thought, there are some pretty good clinical trials going on that may be a better option than surgery. Dr. Sugarbaker is a wonderful surgeon and man, we appreciate all he did for our family during such a life changing event. Prayers for you and your staff that you make great strides against such a horrible cancer.

Posted on March 28th, 2016

Terrible doctor and staff!!! He is very rude, egotistical and thinks he is a god! My father went through his surgery and was told by him he was at the very early stages of mesothelioma, he opened him up and the tumor was around his aorta, he messed w the tumor for over an hour and then decided to give up because of the severity of the location of the tumor....my dad woke up being told he went through the entire aggressive process for nothing and to add he was paralyzed from the surgery because Dr S messed around with a nerve around the aorta. So not only r we dealing w a deadly cancer and the expensive surgery for nothing but now my dad is paralyzed. He was rude and lacked any compassion and his young staff are just as egotistical and would fight w each other like children. He has taken the remaining time my dad had and made it miserable and full of suffering. Go to Manhatthan for your treatment if you have mesothelioma!

Posted on October 22nd, 2015

The entire staff is amazing. My father was treated by the Sugarbaker Team but unfortunately lost his battle with Mesothelioma last month. He came through surgery well but 7 months afterwards he had a recurrence and passed three month later.

Mesothelioma

Posted on July 13th, 2015

I completely agree that he is full of false hope! He used my father as a ginny pig and PROMISED another 5 years before he saw any signs of cancer. ..my father passed away a month and a half later after going through H_LL from this mans life prolonging surgery...think twice before you allow your loved ones to go through this PLEASE

Wonderful MD and person

Posted on July 30th, 2014

Because of this man I was able to dance at my son's wedding and see my first grandchild being born! Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

Egotistical and rude

Posted on February 26th, 2014

If you don't have mesothelioma he is not interested because you are helping him advance his stats positively. He sucks patients in at first with false hope then drops them like a jot potato if they cannot help him. He never even visited one time once the diagnosis was non small cell instead of mesothelioma. Finally, one of his fellows said if I were you I wouldn't take out any long term life insurance policies. Unforgivable. Look elsewhere.

Patient

Posted on May 19th, 2013

He is an excellent surgeon capable of doing even difficult operations and worth the wait, if waiting is a problem for you

NOT a Nice man

Posted on July 28th, 2011

He insisted that he know all about my aunt's tumor type and promised she's be fine before he ever examined her. Then postponed her biopsy for 2 weeks, without so much as an apology or explanation. His assumption was totally wrong and when he got the pathology report, he totally abandoned her. He's way too big for his britches and was very rude and insensitive to a very ill patient.