Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David R Sutton Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Dr. David R Sutton Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Lipid Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. David R Sutton Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David R Sutton Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
While Dr. Sutton is a nice individual it's not his personality I am rating here. First off it is extremely hard to get an appointment with him and once you get one you can wait up to 2 hours just to see him. As I said he is a nice guy but he rarely listens to my symptoms, seems unsympathetic to my issues and gives very little input as to what I should do other than take my medicine. I have recently switch to another doctor who has not only prescribed medicine but gives me foods to steer clear of, foods that promote medicine absorption and thyroid health and other great methods to keep me leveled. Ultimately, I think Dr.Sutton prescribes medicine by an old school chart and little else.
Dr. Sutton does not listen, has yelled at me. He has been rude me and my family member who has gone with me to visits. We have waited for as long as 2 hours for a visit. He has walked off from me while I was talking to him in front of other patients in the waiting room,made disrespectful comments to me as well as my family member in front of other patients and office staff. I do not reccomend this doctor.
Dr. Sutton was a God send to my family. He discovered my 18 year old daughters mass on hrr thyroid and helped us get in right away with one of the top surgeons in the country at the Mayo Clinic. I wil never be able to thank him enough for his care and compassion.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Florida Health
Dr. David R Sutton Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNe Florida Endocrine And Diabetes Associates, 915 W Monroe St Ste 200, Jacksonville, FL
Dr. David R Sutton Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.