Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Sheehan
Dr. David Sheehan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Sheehan is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital, University of South Florida Psy Center and University Of Florida Physicians Group, Tampa. He speaks English.
Dr. David Sheehan has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 5
I saw Dr. Sheehan for nearly a decade. He truly helped me get my mental health on track so I could live my life. I've never found another provider that has been so patient, knowledgable and determined. Not only did Dr. Sheehan help to find the right medications and dosages when I needed them, but he helped me wean off of them when I had learned behavioral techniques. I learned triggers and responses to cope with my issues so I didn't have to rely on medication. I always felt welcomed in his office and by his staff. I owe my quality of life and success to Dr. Sheehan. I now measure every provider up to his level.
This "doctor" completely ruined our family. I took my ex-wife to him in 1999 for anxiety disorder. He over medicated her, and she is still totally unable to function. He made a video of her to show other clinicians how to spot a person with this problem, for use with his drug funded "MINI" study. He should have his license rescinded!
Dr. Sheehan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Tampa General Hospital
University of South Florida Psy Center
University Of Florida Physicians Group, Tampa
43 Years Experience
University College Dublin
Graduated in 1970
Dr. David Sheehan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL
Dr. David Sheehan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.