Dr. David Vanderpool Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. David Vanderpool?

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!!

Posted on April 26th, 2013

I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone! He was recommended to me by a friend who is a doctor and I went without researching Dr. Vanderpool. I have been seeing Dr. Vanderpool for over a year and a half and I now have MORE problems than when I went. I only had one SMALL varicose vein in my lower leg and now I have a HUGE dark area on my leg and sunken in areas running all up my leg. I did NOT have those before. I also have TWO more varicose veins. Whenever I asked about these other problems, I was told each time, "We can fix that." I think after this length of time and THOUSANDS of dollars being billed to my insurance company and HUNDREDS paid out of my pocket, the problem should be fixed. I wasn't paying attention to my bills but finally realized that each time Dr. Vanderpool was submitting photos to get me preauthorized with my insurance company (every 3-4 visits), he was billing my insurance company over $900!!! And, I was having to pay my part out-of-pocket! I feel like he has been stringing me along. When I called to complain about the billing, the office staff agreed with me and said there was nothing they could do about it - I would have to speak to Dr. Vanderpool directly. Now I have to find a new doctor to fix all of the problems caused by Dr. Vanderpool. Do NOT go see this doctor!!!!! I am only rating him as a "1 star" because I can't give negative stars!

STEER CLEAR

Posted on September 26th, 2011

Not only did I have a TERRIBLE experience with this doctor, but he billed my insurance for multiple procedures that I did NOT have done. Additionally, I learned from my new doctor that he could have done in ONE visit what Vanderpool did in 6-8. Basically, he is a money hungry FRAUD. STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY!!!!!

Posted on April 4th, 2010

Did not diagnose me properly.The pain in my leg is worse after the procedure.

Great Experience

Posted on December 28th, 2009

Dr. Vanderpool was courteous and professional in my consultation. The procedure was relatively painless and addressed my problem. I've told many of my friends about him because my legs look great!

Posted on January 14th, 2009

I would also be very careful in going along with a diagnosis from Dr. Vanderpool. I went in for spider vein treatment; that was ignored and I was told 'let's focus on your varicose veins first' even though I'd not mentioned varicose veins, and the doctor hadn't even seen me yet. I was told I needed valve repair with their ablasion procedure, and they would submit it for insurance approval. I asked more than once for their fees for spider vein treatments, and they were much more interested in my few, very small varicose veins behind my knees. I couldn't even get them to quote schlerotherapy treatment cost for the spider veins, even when the Dr. said they would give me that info when I checked out. I got a very uneasy feeling; it seemed I was being railroaded into a diagnosis that insurance would cover, and was more profitable for the Dr. Needless to say, even though the insuarance approved the procedure, I did not have it done.

Beware

Posted on October 1st, 2008

I was told that all leaking valves had to be repaired by laser method and that it was a virtually pain-free procedure. I encountered severe pain after the procedure which I reported to the office. They refused to prescribe any pain medication and tried to get rid of me on the phone. I addressed this situation w/doctor during the post-op visit and was told that this was a large vein and that's why I was still having discomfort 2 mos. later. A year later I visited another vein specialist who told me that not only was this procedure not imperative but that I had suffered nerve damage because the vein was essentially fried during the procedure. This specialist told me that it has to be done very slowly and gingerly and that the amt. of pain I suffered during and after was an indication that something indeed had gone wrong. What is very disconcerting to me is that neither Dr. Vanderpool nor anyone on his staff could offer a plausible reason for what went wrong. I have permanent nerve damage as a result and there is no remedy for this.

Posted on August 11th, 2017