Have you seen Dr. David B Vanholla?

Exceptional care, follow through, understanding and compassionate. I could not ask for more in a psychiatrist. Not only does Dr. VanHolla spend time on medication issues, he delves into underlying issues that a normal psychiatrist would leave to a therapist. He is always asking if there's more to discuss before the end of the appointment. He is not a clock watcher, and in fact when his receptionists give the phone prompt reminding him of the time, he doesn't let that interfere with where he's at with you. He has even taken time from his lunch to squeeze in appointments if necessary. His office staff is exceptional. Based on the rural area and lack of providers, he may be difficult to initially get into. However, it is well worth the wait. The only negative is I wish there were more like him and I wish that you could take everything about him and add him as a therapist also.

Excellent doctor

I am a 100%disabled veteran with PTSD. By far Dr. Van Holla is the best doctor I have ever seen. Other VA doctors we quacks as fare as I'm concerned. Dr. Van Holla is right with my care, knows me, my wife, and my problems. I am alive today because of him!

Great Doc!

Dr. Van Holla is the best psychiatrist that I have seen. He is down to earth, intelligent, and very perceptive. In addition, hIs office staff is very courteous and friendly.

Don't listen to the negativity

I'd like to address the first commenter's post: It may be an insurance/coverage/ethics issue he's trying to avoid. If he's already at the VA and being paid for being there, seeing someone from that facility doesn't make insurance companies happy... The second commenter: Stating random phrases w/o giving a reason isn't a very fair way to rate a professional. Especially in the field that Dr. V is in. I've known Dr. V for a long time. Outside and inside of his practice. He isn't the type of person, let alone professional, who would just refuse to see someone unless there was a valid reason. He's a great psychiatrist. He's been a great provider for myself, my son and quite a few other people I know. He takes the time listen and give honest feedback. He also is very adept at suggesting therapists, techniques to help with symptoms, literature to read so one is more understanding of their issues. Dave is very good about keeping up with new advances in his field. Out of all of the psychiatrists I've seen, he's the first one who didn't want to insta-medicate me. We actually spent time conversing about my background and discovering red flags that pointed to the culimnation of my issues. He then suggested a therapist who could help with those behaviors and then we worked out a treatment plan.

Refused to see me

I am a veteran with a need to see a physiciatrist outside the VA system due to a sensitive issueI did not want in my records at the VA because I work there. My VA physiciatrist instructed me to seek an outside source. I called today for a appointment and was turned down because I am a veteran and he sees veterans at the VA. Thank you very much for your concern. I will be sure not to recomend him to anyone else.

Terrible

My daughter almost died because this doctor did not listen and told me that he was not going to "micro-manage" her situation.

Absolutely GREAT!

I have been seeing Dr. Van Holla since 2005 and I put my complete trust in him. He is very smart and caring and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

Fantastic Dr. I'v put my psychiatric needs in his hands.

Dr van Holla and his office staff are very patient and caring. They do their best to get patients seen ASAP. Would like to see extended office hours.

Dr. David B Vanholla is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Norway, MI.

Dr. David B Vanholla Is this you?