Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Vittetoe
Dr. David A Vittetoe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Des Moines, IA, with another office in Des Moines, IA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Vittetoe is affiliated with Iowa Health Des Moines Luthern Hospital. Dr. Vittetoe has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Vittetoe has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. David A Vittetoe has the following 15 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
Dr. David A Vittetoe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Two years ago I couldn't stand for 5 minutes, use stairs, or do much of anything. After having both knees and 1 hip replaced by Dr. Vittitoe and his DMOS team, I am a new woman. Can stand, walk, wait in line without pain. This even though I am obese. A brilliant surgeon with an EXCELLENT "bedside manner" as well!
Hello, Kristine! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons for your care.
I had total knee replacment done on both of my knees in the same hospital stay. Dr. Vittetoe is very human and profesional at the same time. I would recommend him to anyone.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vittetoe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Summa Health System
Dr. David A Vittetoe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Vittetoe in this video.
Dr. David A Vittetoe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Des Moines, IA.