Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David P Vogt
Dr. David P Vogt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Vogt is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hospital For Rehabilitation. Dr. Vogt has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David P Vogt has the following 1 specialty
Dr. David P Vogt has the following 30 expertise
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Inguinal Hernia
- Necrotizing Fasciitis
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Umbilical Hernia
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Splenectomy)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitis
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Portal Hypertension
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Liver Transplantation
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Cancer
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Bile Duct Cancer
Showing 5 of 17
DR. Vogt was the primary surgeon for my liver transplant in 1998. Due to his expertise and skill I am still alive and doing well in 2017. He was very confident and professional in his attitude and gave me the confidence that I could and would do well. I am grateful that I can tell about my success and longevity due to your skill and knowledge. Thank you Dr. Vogt and your staff and the loving gift of the donor family for a job well done, I owe you guys the wonderful life you have given me.
Following 4 1/2 hours of a prior surgery by another surgeon , a mistake was made and I was taken by ambulance to the main campus of the Cleveland clinic into the capable hands of Dr. David Vogt. Six hours later I was in the step down unit waiting to be placed into my hospital room where I recovered over the next 5 to 6 days. Dr. vote was always confident competent relaxed intelligent and always communicated so I understood what had happened and how I was progressing and had it not been for him I don't know what would happen to me. I have the highest regard and respect for this doctor.
Dr. Vogt failed to follow up on reports from me and my visiting nurses that I was not healing after gall bladder surgery. After 3 months he finally ordered a cat scan and since he did not order the scan to go low enough, it had to be repeated. Finally, the infected mesh that he probably nicked during surgery was discovered. He referred me to another surgery. At that point I moved on to a surgeon at University Hospital who specialized in dealing with infected mesh patients. He operated and dealt with everything professionally and things turned out well. If Dr. Vogt had dealt with the initial problem of not healing I would not have had visiting nurses for 3 months and daily dressing changes by my daughter.
Phenomenal doctor. Explained everythng in an easy to understand manner.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vogt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David P Vogt in this video.
Dr. David P Vogt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.