Dr. David W Carlson Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. David W Carlson?

Always good care and attention

This doctor is rude and condescending.

He misdiagnosed me, and caused me a lot of harm. He didn't take time to find out what was really wrong with me.

After a recommendition form my farther I thought I give him a try. I have found him to be extremely knowledgable and have been very satisfied with him and his office staff. Sometimes you may have to wait but he is taking the right time with patients.

Uncaring

Worst DR in Texas! Does not care about your well being when you try to help yourself .

Rude customer services!

I had a first time appointment with Dr. David W. Carlson. I was expecting a fair amount of time to talk as this was a new Dr. for me. I got about 12 minutes. The Dr. was loud, scatter minded, he much preferred talking than listening. This was a very disappointing meeting. I will find a compassionate Dr. and leave this one alone.

Bad service

I waited 3hrs with a baby for a 5min service.... And only to walk out of the doctors office with him wanting to prescribe me vicadin and thats after i told him i breastfed and all i got from him was a shrug at the shoulders. I am not happy with the cash pay price either... Way too expensive for what I could of accomplished at CareNow... I do not recommend this doctor to anyone...RUN!!! Much better service at CareNow and much cheaper!!! Oh and during my less than 5min exam he pushed on my stomach where it hurt and so I flinched and put my hand on his and he told me ""Don't touch me". Really?! Like I said really bad experience... I should have listened to all the bad reviews but I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. The reviews were definately on the spot!!!

Doctor's Response

Dr Carlson sees walk-ins and appointments. Tina did not have an appointment and had to be worked into the schedule. It was a really busy day. It is always a good idea to check with your insurance before you visit any healthcare provider. If you have not met your deductible, you will be required to pay your insurances contracted price. Tina would have had to pay the same price no matter where she went.

retired

I have been seeing Dr Carlson for 15 years. I have found him to be extremely knowledgable and have been very satisfied with him and his office. My husband has heart problems and the Dr he referred him to is great also he has a good connection with the best specialist Drs in the Dallas metroplex

I have been seeing Dr. Carlson for years and can honestly say he and his staff are good as they come. Yes there have been times when the wait time has been extended but I knew that when I made the appointment. I read the review from 6-13-11 and can honestly say the office manager I can talk to did not come come across rude nor does that even sound like something she would do. That person or patient must have mixed her up with someone else. I have seen the stress levels on all employees but when you deal with sickness day in and day out, who wouldn't come across like that at times. I for one, and my entire family, see Dr. Carlson and highly recommend him.

went to see paula as a walk in. only reason i see paula is usually it is a lot quicker. receptionist not friendly at all. ive been going here off and on for over 10 years. paula comes in and first thing she says is i see your blood pressure is still high. i ask why is that. she says because im overweight and not checking my blood pressure on a regular basis. i say well i know a lot of people heavier than me and their blood pressure meds work fine. i give her a couple of examples and it makes her mad. so now she orders all kinds of tests and i tell her i have no ins let me see dr carlson. she says fine and walks out. nurse comes in and tells me to go back to waiting room where i had already been for over 45 minutes plus 15 minutes in exam room. needless to say i left and went to another doctor who saw me in 30 minutes total and was 25.00 cheaper for office visit plus give me a 3 month supply of meds instead of 30 day no refill. wont be going back to dr carlson and wont recommend anyone to his office esp seeing paula

Doctor's Response

In May of 2013 we hired Toni Smith-WhiteEagle PA. She is very kind hearted with an extremely upbeat personality. She has 16 years of experience in Family Practice and really listens to our patients. I hope you give us another chance - I am trying hard to only hire intelligent and caring employees.

Dr. Carlson is caring and professional. The wait time for my appointment was a little lengthy but I knew it would be going into the appointment. I had a problem with one of the staff members and the office manager intervened and helped me out. Now, if I encounter a problem, I ask for her specifically, knowing she will take care of my needs.

great staff