Dr. David Meltzer Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. David Meltzer?

All the ambiance of a funeral home...

Posted on October 30th, 2017

This office is stuck in a time warp - from the d├ęcor to the way they treat patients. The Staff is not what I would consider friendly and welcoming...the feeling is as is they're doing YOU, the patient (i.e.: customer), some type of favor. There are a bunch of people who scurry around performing the exam and various functions, when the Doctor finally arrives there is no small talk, nor welcoming you as a new patient, in fact he does not even say "Hello" nor introduce himself - nothing - (he struts around like a King inspecting his court) he stares at the screen and clicks, grunts a few times, talks TO the screen saying, "Yeah, I guess we could increase the power in your left eye." Almost as if having a conversation with himself - out loud." YOU GUESS? No social skills, no respect, nothing from the Doctor, and as they say, "It all starts at the top"...the staff is borderline rude (the ones that speak) and the office has all of the ambiance of a 1980's style Funeral Parlor. The staff does not crack a smile and speaks in hushed tones - I was perplexed and less than impressed. It is not as if Dallas is a small town that only has a handful of ophthalmologists to choose from. Too bad that a personality did not come with this Doctor's credentials. I read that he also has a degree in Astrophysics? Perhaps he should go stare at the stars...not sure.

Posted on June 4th, 2016

Great doctor

Stay away!

Posted on December 31st, 2015

Dr. Metzer does NOT conduct the vision exam. A Filipino lady, without any credentials, does a half assed attempt of the vision exam. What you PAY to have done by the DOCTOR! She was wrong. Did not update my prescription. Did not conduct an exam for contact lenses although I specifically requested so during the appointment. The M. D. wanted ME to tell HIM what strength reading glasses I needed! What in the world! Every optometrist, especially an Opthmalogist, conducts this as part of the exam. Nope. Absolutely unprofessional. Requested new prescription for my progressive lenses. Nope. Said he didn't believe in them. Wrote Rx for contacts only after I needed to ask..but still didn't conduct an exam so I'm stuck with a Rx for contacts that are too weak. The glasses I went in with..no new prescription. Too lazy to perform his own vision exam, close up exam..nothing. POOR bedside manner. No introduction. I needed glasses for photosensitivity. What did he prescribe? "Wear a cap" Advice: Stay away from this office. They are all nuts!

Posted on July 21st, 2015

Meltzer and the optician are both rude an uncaring. They seem flippant regarding accuracy and give no information during procedures. I have seen them over ten years for convenience sake, and I am a new face to them every time.

Posted on February 19th, 2015

Apparently there's a reason it's so easy to get an appointment...

Posted on July 10th, 2012

Dr Meltzer has been our opthamologist for more than fifteen years and we have yet to find any fault in either he or his staff. He is a professional in every way and we are thankful to have such a man in charge of our optical health. My wife and I are approaching 80 years of age and we agree that he is the best we've encountered and have great faith in him as our doctor.

TRUSTED OPHTHAMOLOGIST

Posted on April 30th, 2012

DR MELTZER IS A WONDERFUL PHYSICIAN. HE IS BOTH TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT AND CARING AND IMPARTS TRUST IN HIS PATIENTS. WHEN MY PREVIOUS OPHTHALMOLOGIST RETIRED, HE SAID TO GO TO DR. MELTZER BECAUSE HE IS AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST'S OPHTHALMOLOGIST

Posted on August 25th, 2009

Dr. Meltzer is a very knowledgeable and experienced Opthamologist, and I would highly recommend him.

Posted on December 4th, 2017