Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David J Waight has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. David J Waight has the following 2 expertise
- Heart Catheterization
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
Dr. David J Waight has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David J Waight is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
We kind of went through this process a little backwards, having rushed our daughter to have an echo done due to a new found murmur with a high fever by our pediatrician. So, Dr. Waight was not the original doctor we met with-- but he would be the one to perform the cath to close our daughter's PDA. When we first met Dr. Waight, it was not a "scheduled" meeting- he was very kind and tried and tried to "make up" with our daughter, but she was being very shy. It is nerve racking enough having to have your child have any type of procedure, but after talking with Dr. Waight before the actual procedure, I felt much more at ease. He was very thorough before and then after showing us exactly what he did to correct her PDA, and explaining everything he did and why he did it. We were very pleased with Dr. Waight and his entire staff. We thank you, Dr. David Waight!
27 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAkron Childrens Hospital Heart Center, 215 W Bowery St Ste 5200, Akron, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David J Waight in this video.
Dr. David J Waight is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.