Dr. David S Weiser Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David S Weiser?

Dr. Weiser as an ophthalmologist is very well educated, smart, intelligent, bedside manner is great. He is a kind man who took his time examining my eyes, didn't rush whatsoever, and very importantly is a kind, caring doctor. When I first met him years ago my eyes had almost dried up with the Florida allergies. I had seen my FL Associates eye doctor who left the matter as, I followed protocol (end of story). I made another appointment to see my doctor but was told he was out on paternal leave and Dr. Weiser said I need some inserts called punctal plugs in my eyes to help retain moisture. Especially not being my own doctor of record there, stayed until about 6:15 on his own family time, probably delaying his dinner trying to get the punctal plugs into my delicate, sore eyes and did so successfully. When I asked if I could be his patient, changing from my doctor, he said it was against their policy to change doctors (almost like "poaching patients" except I was the one asking, not vice versa. So I began googling and found a doctor who did an even greater amount of work with dry eyes. He taught me how to fix the problem and I remained his patient for 2 years getting this problem completely fixed. Then when he said it was time to remove my cataracts, I was in intensive care in the hospital and yet called to cancel the procedure which by this time was set up for measuring the eyeballs with the nurses at another facility. 2 days later they called and I was still in intensive care and I was angered by their insensitivity to me being in intensive care. When I went back to this doctor for a follow up about my dry eyes which had begun again I told him the doctor who removed my cataracts only did surgery not ophthalmology care in general. I told him he had lost the surgeries to another eye surgeon because of the insensitivity of his nurses calling me back 2 days later fighting for my life in intensive care. He was somewhat annoyed (I couldn't tell if it was at his nurses or at me for going elsewhere) but he said sometimes messages don't get written for everyone on the staff to be aware of. Now I was looking for an ophthalmologist, hoping FL Eye Associates would now allow me to become his patient without any hassle because I had left the practice for 2 years and was now coming back only if he could be my doctor. He is now officially my ophthalmologist, and I am happy. Only negative is that it was about a 2 hour wait to see him, as someone else talked about. I just budget that time into my appointment because exceptional doctors to me are worth waiting for and fortunately my working days are long gone and I can make the time to see the doctor of my choice. I gave ease of scheduling only a 4 because originally they gave me a 5-6 wait to put me on his schedule but said to call back periodically to see if he had a cancellation. They had one last week about 4 weeks approx ahead of planned appointment so that is the only reason I didn't give a 5 star rating to this category.

Long Wait times at Florida Eye Center in Virea, Florida

I am on the fence with Dr. Wiser. He is a nice man and his staff is great but the wait time is enough to make me find another location. This is my second afternoon appointment with Florida Eye Associates, Viera, Florida location and both times it took over 2 hours to see the doctor. As a professional this is just not acceptable. If I had been 15 minutes late I would have had to reschedule not to mention I would have probably been charged for the visit. Can someone please explain to me why it's acceptable for these offices to have patients waiting two hours to see the doctor? Maybe we should charge them.

He's great

Excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner.

no more fear

Dr. Weiser eased my fear of going to doctors. His bed side manner with his knowledge as physician was wonderful! I will referr friends and family to him.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the kind review! I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with Dr. Weiser. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to your review. Thank you again! Sincerely, Bridgette Gifford Physician Relations

Dr. David S Weiser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.