Dr. David Wenzel Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. David Wenzel?

Totally Disappointed

Posted on November 30th, 2017

Saw Dr. Wenzel after hounding his staff about worsening symptoms and needing to see him sooner than than the 6 week appointment they initially gave me. I brought MRI cd with me which he didn't even look at. Ran some tests on me which he said I failed and gave me a prescription for one of my symptoms which helped. and then referred me to a neuro-psychologist for further evaluation. The staff was supposed to fax the referral. I check with the referral office and it took 3 weeks for them to finally send the referral during which time my symptoms and my anxiety increased. Before I finally got to see the neuro-psychologist I received a letter for Dr. Wenzel informing me he was moving to Houston. So much for ongoing continued care. Thanks for nothing.

MS.

Posted on September 26th, 2016

I saw Dr. Wenzel 6 years ago. I had been involved in an auto accident. He was very nice and helpful. He also tested me for neuropathy in my feet. The test was positive. It has gotten worse, so of course I have an appointment with Dr. Wenzel.

Posted on February 28th, 2016

My mother recently moved down here to live with me. I took her to see Dr. Wenzel, who took the time to really talk to her. We both walked out of the appointment feeling good. My only concern with the office is the difficulty getting through to someone on the phone.

Never go here

Posted on September 14th, 2015

I spent a year overdosing on Levothyroxine Thanks to this guy and his crew. I complained of hair loss and eye irritation and he just shrugged his shoulders. I should have stopped making appointments when his staff sent me to an imaging center for a biopsy. Fail all of them.

Tons of knowledge, not empathetic

Posted on July 8th, 2015

If you are looking for a warm and fuzzy bedside manner from doctor and staff, this may not be the place for you. Patients and families may be experiencing difficult and scary neuro symptoms and situations. Dr. Wenzel and SOME of his staff are not very patient, kind and empathetic. I wish they could understand that families can be panicked, upset and bewildered by some neuro patients conditions and actions. We need kindness, not stern parenting during these times. I think they know what they're doing, but I wish they could do it with some level of empathy, kindness and general good attitudes. Just being brutally honest.

1 visit impression is good.

Posted on March 3rd, 2015

happy with the time Dr. Wenzel spent with my loved one, listening and actually examining...too often Drs no longer touch patients.

A great Doctor!!!

Posted on October 29th, 2014

Dr. Wenzel was very knowledgeable about my condition. He did a very thorough exam and spent a lot of time explaining everything to me. I will recommend Dr. Wenzel to anyone needing a Neurologist!

Posted on July 5th, 2014

There is no way on God's green earth to reach these doctors. My son was referred to his adult neuro by his ped neuro when he turned 20. We can't get through to a person on the phone! We have been trying for 2 weeks and no one picks up, no one returns calls. Totally not worth the time it takes to try!!!

He is nice IF you are sweet to him first. Staff is rude and not helpful

Posted on January 18th, 2013

Well I think Dr. Wenzel maybe be slightly socially awkward. It took a bit of laying on some sweet southern charm but he ended up warming up to me and gaining a personality. Overall I think he spent about 45 mins just talking to me and giving me options. My real problem is with the staff. Heaven forbid you can get anyone on the phone without a voicemail or the abrupt rude "hold please" once they decide to answer a phone. They do not call back when requested and seem to be fairly unhappy being employed. I don't know what happened to common courtesy, God know this staff has none. Would I recommend Dr. Wenzel? Sure, I guess. I am assuming there are other neuros out there that are just as intelligent as Dr. Wenzel and they may actaully have a staff that cares about the overall professionalism of the practice. However, in this facility...you will not find that.

Worst Bedside Manner Ever Experienced

Posted on November 10th, 2011

Dr. Wenzel did not listen to medical history. He dismissed symptoms and pain. He dismissed questions about medications. I left with no more answers than when arrived. In summary, he came across as egotistical and extremely rude. Would never go back!!!

MADE MY EPILEPSY WORSE

Posted on October 17th, 2011

Dr. Wenzel, as well as others at Neurology Center of SA (Dr. Altman and the PA), did nothing to help my epilepsy. In fact, they made it worse. I was feeling just a little off when I went to see them, but 6 months later I could no longer function. I missed so much work, I could not take care of my daughter properly, etc. When I tried to resolve all these problems, no one would listen to me. The PA was completely unsympathetic. They'd just pass me off for another test. After being referred to a psychiatrist by Dr. Wenzel, whom I never even spoke to, I changed neurologists and am very happy. I am still suffering from some of the problems they caused: balance problems, dizziness, nausea, head pain, "electric shocks" in my head, tremors, etc. I had NONE of these problems before I visited Neurology Center of SA. The office staff is another problem. The average time to hear back from a medical assistant is 5 days, if you are able to get any good info or even hear back at all.

Will the Real David Wenzel Please Stand Up?

Posted on August 17th, 2011

Listened to you?? Apologized to you?? Spent time making you feel comfortable??? OK. I think they must have sent in his clone to see me. And wouldn't you know, it's the dark one. What has been reported here by a couple of people was, I think, either written by paid office staff, family or hypnotized patients. It is just opposite my experiences both in the hospital and as an outpatient with this man. I have come to realize, however, that his rudeness and impudence may mask the fact that he is not a Rhodes Scholar. Perhaps the man just isn't on top of his game. I know that sometimes blustery ego-needy people attempt to cover up an insecurity by faking to the right.His staff has their own share of un-charm and is probably the least hospitable of any I have seen. I do feel empathy for them though, since they may be treated by daily doses of Wenzel's disproportionate, diligent bad humor and disregard with which he treats me. Maybe they are less aloof and perfunctory than they are cowed and intimidated. He seems tired of his job. No sign of the passion or human interest in patients or staff that I can see clearly in other doctors. This is third doctor I have seen over the last few years that I have felt compelled to leave and regretted my association with and at first I was alarmed that I could be in the middle of a holodeck program. Then I noticed an article in a professional journal this month about this very thing. How all the Marcus Welby's of the world seem to be turning into Gregory Houses. A cheap shot with little data? Somewhat. But, frankly, my dear, I don't give a fiddle-dee-dee, life is too short to cow-tow to anyone's moodiness and disinterest. Even if the person is your doctor.