Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David L Werwath has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. David L Werwath has the following 3 expertise
Showing 5 of 12
I know the staff may not be the kindest, but Dr. Werwath is a Highly Educated doctor with a Wealth of Knowledge. He was an Emergency Room doctor for over 25 yrs and has seen it all.. We are actually very Lucky to be able see a Dr. of his Caliber in an office setting. He seems to know exactly what tests to order on your very first visit to validate what he suspects is wrong. He left his practice abruptly do to a serious Family Emergency and I agree is was not handled professionally, but we are all human, and until you have been in his personal emergency, who are we to judge..Life is about second chances, and he is now back practicing and I would totally trust him with my Life..!!.. -J
WAS HAPPY WITH MY VISIT I WAS TOLD TO FOLLOW UP THAT FRIDAY WHEN I WENT BACK ON FRIDAY THEY WERE OUT OF BUSINESS NO ONE KNEW HOW TO GET MY RECORDS THEN WHEN I RECEIVED THAT ANSWER THE REQUESTED THAT I PAY A LARGE FEE TO RECEIVE THEM AND THAT IT WOULD NOT BE IN A RAPID TIME AS TO CONTINUE MY CARE THE STAFF THAT WAS THERE WERE RUDE AND ACTED LIKE THIS WAS MY PROBLEM NOT THERS I WAS LEFT HIGH AND DRY LATER I LEARNED THAT HE WAS IN LEGAL TROUBLE
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Werwath is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1981
Dr. David L Werwath accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDoctors Inn Urgent Care, 1788 Republic Rd Ste 400, Virginia Beach, VA
Dr. David L Werwath is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.