David Brian Wexler Is this you?

4.9

Have you seen David Brian Wexler?

Dr Wexler is best in his field!

Posted on November 29th, 2017

Dr Wexler is Amazing!! He is a one of a kind master chemist and has an unprecedented knowledge of psychiatric medications and how they can affect individuals depending on personality, symptoms present and other drug interactions. I met with him 10 years ago and he quickly diagnosed my issues and developed a treatment that kept me functional and productive and only required visits every 6 months, which I actually looked forward to. A few years back, he announced he was moving to China. This was a very sad day for me. I attempted to see a few other highly recommended psychiatrists, none of whom invested the time to get to know me, what was important to me nor did they attempt to educate me on new advancements in treatment related to my situation. I could not find a replacement which honestly gave me anxiety. About a year ago, I knew something was really off and I did not know what to do as I had not been able to find a worthy replacement and I was in dire need of medical help. I reached out to Dr Wexler to ask if there was anyone he could refer me to and help me get immediate attention. To my surprise, he called me back that day and told me he was back in the states and was seeing patients remotely and could squeeze me in two days later. Hallelujah!!! I almost felt instantly cured. In a half hour session I was back on track and so relieved to have him available to me again. Dr Wexler is so amazing and important to my care and well being that I would honestly fly down to LA from the bay area to continue care every three months if that was required. His fees are more than most, but he is truly one of a kind, extremely highly regarded in the academic and medical communities and is one of the absolute best in his field. Dr Wexler is a tremendously caring human being and is in medicine to make a difference by helping highly effective people maintain balance to achieve their greatest potential without suffering the affects of any psychiatric issues. His care is life changing.

Highly Recommend!

Posted on October 12th, 2017

I have been experiencing low energy and a lack of enthusiasm for quite sometime, and it was significantly effecting my daily life (job, sleep, social interactions, etc). I finally decided that I do not want to suffer anymore, and I decided to work with a therapist and a psychiatrist. Initially I was having a hard time finding a doctor who I felt could help me. Then, I met Dr Wexler about a year and a half ago. Dr. Wexler diagnosed me with a type of depression called atypical depression. Within a few months, I felt much better. His sense of humor along with approachability (he answers your text faster than your best friend!) and friendliness made me feel good about working with Dr. Wexler. Dr. Wexler not only found me the right treatment combo but has taught me how to take care of myself. I continue to check in with the doctor because my body’s needs changes as with life. I highly recommend anyone who is looking to be treated to consult Dr. Wexler.

Right for me

Posted on September 19th, 2017

Dr Wexler was a perfect fit for me. It was important to me that my psychiatrist take the time necessary to explain the neuroscience behind the treatments we were discussing. David does this, and is willing to go as deep into the subject matter as you demand. I am also impressed by the work he puts in to remain at the forefront of research in his field.

Exceptional Psychiatrist - Patient of 14 years

Posted on October 23rd, 2016

Dr. Wexler has been my treating physician for 14 years since 2002. I was diagnosed with rapid cycling bi-polar disorder in 1997 and had seen several doctors, but I was still experiencing mood fluctuations weekly, and had great difficulty managing the demands of my career in high technology. Also, the pressure I put on my family was frightening. Under Dr. Wexler’s care I became stable and have remained so ever since. Dr. Wexler embodies some of the most valuable qualities a patient would want in a physician. He is excellent at what he does, he is always available when I need him, and he is truly personable. Dr. Wexler’s approach to me as a patient is inclusive. He explains complex treatments and medications and we make decisions together. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a truly exceptional psychiatrist to contact Dr. Wexler.

At long last, a doctor gave me back my life

Posted on September 5th, 2016

An ex-pat from Michigan living in Shanghai, I was so fortunate to have been referred to Dr Wexler to treat my depression.  doctor in Shanghai told me Dr Wexler was the best she’s known either in the US or abroad.  My therapist concurred.  Not sure how he did it, but I am feeling better than I have in decades.  I saw Dr Wexler for 10 months, and he continually stressed that I had to keep working with my therapist, exercise, pay attention to my diet, and get consistent rest.  You’re the best, Dr W.

Excellent top notch physician, the doctor of doctors!

Posted on June 30th, 2011

Dr. Wexler has been my physician for seven years. He is outstanding in diagnosis and treatment. His "couchside" manner is the best I have ever recieved. I would highly recommend him as the utmost in professional demeanor and expertise.

I cant say enough about Dr. David Wexler

Posted on June 20th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Wexler for over five years. Prior to that I suffered with depression and anxiety most of my adult life and although I was managed by other physicians and psychiatrists, I still continued to experience significant feelings of anxiety and dread. Dr. Wexler was the first physician that really took the time to gather a full history of my depressive episodes and symptoms. With that information and his expertise he was able to render a real and useful diagnosis and determine the most effective medications to manage my symptoms.In my experience, Dr. Wexler is dedicated to his patients and makes himself accessible and available. The quality of my life improved immeasurably once I began following Dr. Wexlers treatment regime. I am a physician, myself, and cannot recommend him highly enough. I have referred patients, friend and family members and will continue to do so.

Simply superb

Posted on May 13th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Wexler's for almost ten years. He helped me dramatically improve my health almost immediately, and then advised me through the years as technologies and the state of the art evolved. I can't imagine that there could be a more professional, caring, insightful, and wise practitioner in this field. In my line of work I have coincidentally had the opportunity to learn a fair amount about the science, and it serves to make me even more impressed with the level of his practice. I would recommend Dr. Wexler to my closest friends, and have. He is simply superb.

Just what my doctors ordered . . .

Posted on May 8th, 2011

My husband was suffering debilitating back pain from degenerative arthritis. I was referred to Dr Wexler because of his expertise managing very difficult psychiatric issues often related to other medical problems. I watched as my husband became more depressed and ultimately was told about Dr Wexler by friends and also my primary care physician. He was very kind, thorough, methodical in his assessment, collaborative with his other doctors, and committed to getting my husband relief. He advocated for a combination of medications targeting mood, anxiety, and pain and has brought back quality to my husband's existence. We are extremely grateful and can unequivocally recommend this thoughtful clinician to anyone in need.

Posted on September 25th, 2010

AMAZING!!!EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND WORTH THE COST!!!

"Dr. House" in Portola Valley!

Posted on March 1st, 2010

Dr. Wexler's diagnostic skills are second to none. After years of struggling, in an hour and a half, he had he the answer for me. When a medication stopped working, Dr. Wexler had another suggestion. He never stops working with you, he never stops caring. He never gives up.

Second to NONE

Posted on December 23rd, 2009

Dr. David B. Wexler has been a life saver for me as well as for my family. His professional understanding together with the human compassion expressed for each situations is what I call "Second to None". I am a mature woman who has had periodic episodes that needed treatment by a top notch psychiatrist - I would not trust any other professional the way I have entrusted Dr. Wexler. On my life - I would recommend him.