Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David W Wimberley has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Spinal Fusion
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 105
Prior to meeting Dr. Wimberley my life was in a downhill spiral as I could barley walk and was in an excruciating amount of pain! I had so many test and was told my back could not be fixed! As a last ditch effort I was told Dr. Wimberley would either fix it or I would have to be dealing with “pain management”! The first appointment Dr. Wimberley ordered X-rays and looked at my MRI and said I CAN FIX THIS!!! Never so happy in my life..... he then ordered more test and the next appointment he explained what he was going to do and then told me I will do my part and you have to do yours!! 2 weeks later I had surgery and two weeks after that I was walking a mile every day!! I 4 months post op and down 60 pounds and walking three miles 5 days a week and feel better than I have in 10 years! After reading all the stories about the fusion surgery I was scared and had second thoughts to be honest, however Dr. Wimberly made me feel so confident in him that I knew I was making the right choice!! I am so glad I trusted him and let him and his team “fix” what I had been told was not fixable!! I am so blessed to have an EXCELLENT surgeon that has all my trust in him and his team!!
The best thing about the visit was his PA and support staff. After over an hour wait in the room, Dr. Wimberley was rude, conceited, and argumentative from the start, which puts the patient on the defensive. He was a terrible listener and was always interrupting. Was told if I don't like what he has to say, then I can find another doctor because it seems like we have a personality conflict. That was said in the first few minutes he was in the room. It rolled off his tongue like he's used to saying that regularly. I left feeling belittled and upset. Not sure of his talents, but I never want to find out.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
21 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1997
Harvard Medical School
Dr. David W Wimberley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsTexas Orthopedic Hospital, 7401 Main St, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David W Wimberley in this video.
Dr. David W Wimberley is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Houston, TX.