Dr. David Witham Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. David Witham?

Condescending and rude.

Posted on August 16th, 2017

Posted on June 6th, 2012

I have had 2 knee replacements and a back surgery with Dr. Witham. They have all been good. I value his opinion and he takes time to ask, is very considerate and kind. Every body is different so what may happen to one doesn't necessarily apply to another. He is a very good doctor.

Avoid at all costs

Posted on June 3rd, 2012

He spent little time with me and didn't order an MRI even though I had classic severe symptoms of a herniation at L5-S1. He told me I would be fine. After 4 more months of numbness and pain I found another doctor in Anchorage who operated immediately. However, it was too late and now I have permanent numbness and paralyzation of my lower leg. This could have been prevented if treated when I first saw Dr. Witham. If you value your health, stay away from this "doctor" and find someone else.

Posted on June 4th, 2011

Excellent surgeon.

Surgery

Posted on March 26th, 2011

Dr. Witham is quiet and does not offer a lot of detail unless patient asks questions. About two years ago I experienced pain in buttocks and had MRI. Dr. W reviewed MRI with me and did not recommend any procedure at that time. By two months ago I was experiencing serious pain in buttocks and left leg. New MRI was compared to old one and showed significant increase of intrusion at L4-L5. Surgery performed a week later resulting in total loss of pain, incision pain gone a week later.Rotator cuff surgery three years ago was successful with a good experience regarding all categories above.

Posted on May 26th, 2009

I had a minor complication resulting from surgery. He claimed it had nothing to do with his surgery, wouldn't examine it and wouldn't do anything to treat it, saying there was no problem. I had to go to a physical therapist on my own to help resolve it.I also had an unrelated serious joint problem that that was causing me pain and I had asked him repeatedly about. He wouldn't examine it and without examining it said it was nothing to worry about. I gave up on him and saw another doctor who examined my range of motion, asked what motions caused the pain, and took xrays/mri and found serious damage and fixed the problem.

Long wait for treatment

Posted on November 17th, 2008

Day 1 appt at urgent care section of clinic indicated displaced fracture of humerus so appt was set up with Dr Witham. Day 7 appt w/Dr Witham--MRI scheduled. Day 12 MRI (showed complete tear of rotator cuff). Was scheduled for followup appt after MRI with Dr Witham on Day 16 but appt was postponed until Day 22. Made appt with different orthopedist--got in right away. Had surgery the next day.

Posted on October 17th, 2017