Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David J Young has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Horrible Doctor. Doesn't want to prescribe medicine to you for serious ailments and begins to cite examples of what can occur if you are given certain medications. Pushes for irrevslent testing and vaccines. Uses various scare tactics to tell you why you should have tests done that are irrevalent to your situation. He doesn't like it if you refute what he says. Do not see this doctor. He doesn't pay attention to what is wrong with you, is too busy typing on his laptop as soon as he enters the room.
I have been a patient of Dr. Young for approx. 4 years. He is extremely thorough with attention to detail, he is very professional, he listens to me and spends time with me discussing my lifestyle and encouraging me to stay active ( I'm in my 70s). I'm so pleased with him as my doctor that I willingly drive 50 miles (round trip) each time I visit his office.
Not afraid to run tests if needed. Very intelligent, most of the time, but seems as he ages, he's not keeping up with the latest health care advances, still offering the patient old school treatment that's more evasive than is currently required. Very long winded and can be very arrogant and rude (With patients, staff and collegues, unless they're in the Holland area. Has been known to pry into private family dynamics that have no relation to the patients health or visit. Also quick to anger and jump to conclusions unjustifiably.
Very pleased with Dr. Young. Have been a patient of his for many years. Would never go anywhere else. Very professional and caring.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
36 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
North Oaks Medical Center
Dr. David J Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLakeshore Health Partners, 3235 N Wellness Dr Ste 120B, Holland, MI
Dr. David J Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Holland, MI.