Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Dawn P Atwal has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dawn P Atwal has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 4 of 4
I don't understand the other reviews
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dawn P Atwal - Posted on November 10th, 2016
Don't go to this doctor!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dawn P Atwal - Posted on October 27th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dawn P Atwal - Posted on February 25th, 2014
Called Dr. Dawn P. Atwal's office. I believe that the way you run your company reflects as a manager, owner, business partner, Doctor whichever. Mrs. Melissa her Office Manager, was completely rude. I'm calling to try to schedule, and while I am speaking she hangs up and says look I'm busy and hangs up. I asked to speak with someone above her to now voice my opinion on how I feel the staff is poorly trained in customer service. I have never been so disrespected. And to make matters worse, I called three times to get any kind of reciprocated answer. She could have simply and kindly said she did not know the answer, but she continued to be rude, hang up on me. I asked for the Doctor, and she said she was not in, and wouldn't know when the doctor comes in all week.This is why I gave this office and Dr. a poor score. Not for the Dr.'s performance, but for the Dr.'s staff, and how it reflects strongly of herself and how she carries her business. If I wanted to be treated this poorly, I would rather go to the county & wait hours on ends before attending or calling this doctors office ever again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dawn P Atwal - Posted on April 8th, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Dawn P Atwal Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCARY STEWART MD INC, 31852 Coast Hwy Ste 201, Laguna Beach, CA
Dr. Dawn P Atwal is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Laguna Beach, CA.