Dr. Dawn Bankston-Troiani Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Dawn Bankston-Troiani?

Posted on August 31st, 2015

Waited for ever. Staff very rude. I will not return

Posted on July 27th, 2015

I would definitely not recommend her. She just wants to do c section no matter what the patient wants or can do. I had a horrible experience with her. She doesn't give time always in rush. She doesn't answer questions. Always rude.

conceited

Posted on February 26th, 2014

She is conceited and refused to do tests I know I need and did some tests I did not need - also made me pay to come back for an office visit to review my test results, which she could have easily gone over with me on the phone

Beware

Posted on December 2nd, 2013

During my third trimester of pregnancy, Dr. Bankston screened me for gestational diabetes and diagnosed me as being diabetic. She prescribed me medication. Walgreen's called and said that she needed to prescribe me something different.... She had prescribed to me pork insulin, as in pig insulin, which has not been approved in the US in over a decade, I think. This happened not once, but twice.... She finally called in human insulin. I was concerned at this mistake and was going to talk to her about it, but at the next doctor's appointment, I had a bad non-stress test, due to the umbilical cord being wrapped around my baby's foot, which landed me in the hospital. For 5 weeks, I lived in the labor and delivery unit of the hospital under her supervision. She continued to prescribe me insulin, a lot of it, increasingly each day. It make me sick and dizzy. I didn't eat much for fear of my glucose levels rising (they were right at 100 but she wanted them to be less which is very low) because I feared the increasing dosage of insulin and damage to my baby. She had no sympathy. The nurses would joke that she wasn't someone they wanted to mess with... Also, she had me do a non-stress test 3 times a day for an hour. I asked her why I needed to be at the hospital if I was only going to be monitored for 3 hours a day. She immediately said that I should start having 24 hours of non-stress testing. So, I was then all of a sudden bed ridden with the belt around me monitoring my baby. She said I would have to have a c-section due to my large baby who was large from the diabetes. I told her the sonogram showed he only weighed 4 pounds. When born, he was only 6 pounds.... Why did she say he was going to be large? After he was born, she said I needed to stay at the hospital because she said I had sleep apnea. She said apathetically that I needed to lose 40 pounds. I begged her to be released from the hospital, and she finally agreed to let me go..... She also gave my son a terrible circumcision and did not use a plastibell or anything. I saw her one last time at my check-up following delivery. I was feeling depressed and she said that I "exhibited this behavior in the hospital". She did not talk to me like a human being. I was just a patient. I changed doctors and had another baby. Even though I weighed more and was not healthier, the new doctor said I was nowhere near being diabetic. Why did Bankston say I was diabetic? Was I really diabetic and did I need all those drugs? Also my c-section scar with my second baby was so much better as was my second son's circumcision. My new doctor did an amazing job. I wish I had never met Dr. Bankston.

Horrible

Posted on September 6th, 2012

We were recommended to her by friends, she was always on the run. it was our first time we didn't know much, else we would have changed the doctor after first few visits. My wife had 16 hours labor & she hardly showed any concern. we are glad she was not on-call the day baby was delivered.

Very happy with the practice and Dr. Bankston

Posted on March 7th, 2012

Until relocation took me out of state a year ago, Dr. Bankston was a great OB/GYN and the one who delivered my son. Though I transferred to her practice mid pregnancy, I quickly found at ease during my appointments and feel she did an outstanding job delivering my son. The nurses and office staff were also always very responsive and caring. I can only hope to find another practice like theirs' in our new area.

Posted on January 18th, 2012

Horrible bedside manner...

Posted on March 29th, 2011

Dr. bankston was very negligent and did not even send my records to the hispital.

A great doctor!

Posted on May 11th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Bankston for about 6 years. A nurse referred her to me because I was looking for an outstanding OB/GYN due to my scary family history. She is absolutely wonderful and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Posted on March 1st, 2009

Tends to push meds too easily.. Had an issue with bp (146/80, 148/90 last time) due to extreme stress and Dr Bankston did not want to account for that; it was straight to meds- a beta blocker! Studies have shown these type meds aren't good as a first line of defense against HBP. I refused meds and she became very upset with me, even though I tried to tell her I wanted to treat the "problem" naturally, and did not want to listen to me. Had my BP checked the next day and sure enough it was down to 122/74 (taken at work!).

Posted on August 3rd, 2017