Dr. Dawn Black Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Dawn Black?

Posted on March 9th, 2016

Love her!

Posted on April 1st, 2015

More concerned with getting off at 4:30 than her patients birth experience. Terrible bedside manner.

Posted on February 16th, 2015

The staff is horrible! I waited for 1 hours before the nurse came in the room to tell me that Dr. Black couldn't see me. After a month I received a bill from their office, I had to fight to get that take off my account because I was never seen. Please don't waste your time. Also, you have to pay $8.00 for parking which is not bad if you are actually seen by the doctor. Last note, the nurse has no customer service skills.

Terrible service

Posted on July 31st, 2013

Nice Doctor, Terrible Staff

Posted on May 24th, 2012

Dr. Black works with a larger practice of OBGYN's called OGA in the Houston Medical Center. The phone service that services OGA and takes appointments is TERRIBLE. When you first call in, you're lucky to be on hold less than 15 minutes. Once a person finally picks up the phone, they ask you what you're calling for, and then proceed to "transfer" you, aka, you wait another 10-15 minutes listening to their annoying hold messages (which, by the way, contain outdated information. For instance, they no longer do Saturday appointments as they hold message advertises.) After you've finally been transferred to someone who can "help" you, most likely they will be rude and pushy, treat you like they're doing you a favor by getting you an appointment, and will then most likely tell you the wrong day, or in my case, month, that that appointment will take place. After they think they're done they will hang up on you, and good luck calling back in to confirm what time they said. Total nightmare. Once you arrive for your appointment, be prepared to sit in the waiting room for about 45 minutes, then be transferred to the examining room where you will wait for another 45 minutes to 1 hour. Dr. Black herself seems friendly and knoweledgable, but I am switching doctors because I cannot stand to be treated in such a ridiculous manner by the phone staff. I'm a paying customer for God's sake!

Poor Customer Service/ Staff

Posted on August 16th, 2011

I am pregnant and experiencing lower abdomen pain, she would always say that is normal. I went out and bought the maternity belt, that didnt work, it would be times that I could not get out of the bed, hurting so bad that I would be in tears, again her response was the joys of having a second baby. I went online to research severe pelvic pain and found out that its not all that normal its a condition called SPD. Walking, sitting, just about everything I do will hurt. She then suggested that I would try for my STD, what a nightmare, her staff has been slow in responding to my insurance company, its been over 30 days and still the run around. I am almost 37 weeks and looking for a new doctor. I am tired, frustrated and ready for a change. She will not be my doctor ever again. Not only did I diagnose myself but I am leaving for a better doctor.

Wonderful bedside manner

Posted on July 19th, 2011

My overall experience with Dr. Black was excellent. She has a wonderful bedside manner and made me feel at ease. She is very personable. I'm a shy person by nature and I felt very comfortable with her before, during and after my exam.

Considering Suit

Posted on April 23rd, 2010

I struggle with how much information to provide here. I want you to find another doctor, but am afraid that my right to file suit against her might be jeapordized by information I provide here. Bottom Line: She ignored warning signs, a call from a u/s doctor, u/s results, my calls, went out of town and kept me in the hospital over the weekend instead of performing the emergency c-section other hospital doctors indicated should be performed. Hours after she finally did perform it on Monday, she joked about not needing tampons while explaining that I was hemorraging and that she needed to perform an emergency hysterectomy. I didn't get to see my babies until they were 3 days old. Thank God they are healthy. If I still had a uterus, there is no way I would trust it to her.

Please read, do not select Dr. Black.

Posted on September 14th, 2009

I feel sick that I did not leave her practice sooner, there are so many wonderful doctors out there. I do not care who you select just please do not use Dr. Black. Dr. Black has zero bedside manner, does not make the birth of your child joyous at all. She is going through the motions at best. My children are nice and healthy but I feel sad when I hear wonderful stories about the delivery room from friends who had great doctors and I can't say the same. She is like a robot.I did not realize this until my second son was born and a very nice nurse filled me in on this but Dr. Black is one of the only Drs at Womens that does not use any form of pain medicine when doing a circumcision Awful! The pediatric surgeons use pain medicine, why wouldn't she? If you are thinking of using Dr. Black please visit with a few more doctors and you will be able to tell the difference.

dont use her

Posted on August 3rd, 2008

she is pompous and doesnt give any advise. you have to cajole her to get the answers. she dislikes going to weekends to deliver. i think she even has inside understanding with womans hospital not to accept her patients during weekends.

Cold and aloof

Posted on July 16th, 2008

She is cold and doesn't listen to patients. After the visit i had to contact her 5 times to get test results. I do not recomend her.

I love this doctor!

Posted on May 6th, 2008

Dr. Black is wonderful! I had my second child with her and she is so professional. She has a wonderful personality. The staff is very nice, too. If you're a shy or private woman, she makes you feel very comfortable and at ease.