Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dawn D Foster
Dr. Dawn D Foster, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southfield, MI. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Foster is affiliated with DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan and DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Dawn D Foster has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 19
I regret writing this comment for a young African American Doctor but I have no other choice to let her know that she must improve on her Practice. My son is her primary doctor and he had internal issues and she refereed him to the Providence Hospital for some MRI'S . She revived the results 3 days later and it has been 2 weeks since then and I have called everyday and left messages. I have yet to receive a call back from her or anything. My son could have inter bleeding and die from her negligence for her non follow up as a Doctor. Every time I call her staff says I think she got the messages from the 10 times I called. Then I call back the next day they will leave me on hold and then send me to voice mail. I am in disbelief that a Doctor can really treat her patient like this and it could be a life or death situation. I am so disappointed as a person that gives African American doctors a chance.
Dr Foster is very knowledgeable in all aspects of primary health care,and can put it altogether in a through and timely way.The patient gets the best help available.She is Multi Disciplinary,and has a great way of making you feel at ease,always taking the time needed.I have been her patient for years,and face health issues from a complex occupational illness,and normal hereditary diseases as well.I can't thank her enough.She is the Best!
I have beeen Dr. Foster for a while now I left and when to see another doctor and I am going back to my Dr. Foster she has time and patience with you she smile and talk to you like a human being. She never act like you are a low person because you have condition you cant help like depression and other in that family. I enjoy her as a doctor and no one else will even talk to me to leave her she is the best doctor I have had and Im over 55yrs of age.
Dr. Foster is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Dawn D Foster accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHealth Centers Detroit Foundation, 23077 Greenfield Rd Ste 400, Southfield, MI
Dr. Dawn D Foster is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.