Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dawn L Klemow has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Pernicious Anemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Vitamin B Deficiency
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Hemolytic Anemia
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Iron-Deficiency Anemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 7
I have rarely, if ever, seen another doctor who so genuinely cared about my health and my needs. Dr. Klemow was willing to go out of her way to help investigate my illness, and she didn't just "drop" me when it began to appear that the answers would lie outside her specialty. She has always been caring and patient, and the nursing and lab staff are helpful and show true compassion. I owe them all thanks.
37 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Dawn L Klemow accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dawn L Klemow in this video.
Dr. Dawn L Klemow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.