The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dawn Sammons has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dawn Sammons has the following 12 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dawn Sammons has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
I had pre cancer spots on my face that I had treated by this doctor where they freeze these particular areas. She treated a spot on my nose and an area under my right eye. When she treated the area under my eye it seemed really excessive. As this area healed I noticed an indentation in my face and a scar and with time kept getting worse. I about a year later went back to her office to get checked out. I pointed out this area where there is a scar and dent in my face. She looked at it and also got a magnifying glass and said she did not see anything. I have since been to a dermatologist in Columbus who noticed it right away. I have had this Laser resurfaced twice with costs in excess of $1,000. My suggestion is do not use or go to this dermatologist, she is not reliable nor trustworthy and can not own up to her mistake.
Dr. Sammons is not experienced in what she is doing. She will tell you what she needs in order to bill you. Do not go there. She just wants to make money on her "plastic type surgery" side. I was billed for too much and she tried to talk me into too many laser appointments. I went to Columbus and had two appts which took care of my problem and she did 6...plus I went for a skin problem and they did procedures which weren't necessary.
Sammons is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
O Bleness Memorial Hospital
Marietta Memorial Hospital
14 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dawn Sammons in this video.
Dawn Sammons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Athens, OH.