Dr. Dawn Whelchel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dawn Whelchel?

DR WHELCHET MD

Posted on June 24th, 2014

Waiting room time is way to long. Even after you get into a room you may be their for another hour. But saying that this Doctor does her best to always help. I had a doctor in Longview TX that help me with my diabetics Obama Care cancelled him and moved me to Marshall. Since I a Vietnam Vet and on Tricare Prime, I had no say so in it at all. But now that I seen here for the past 6 months I will go to her. She tries very hard to help and I think that is why the waiting time is the way it is. She very good on working with you. Having to contact Tricare and change items must be not very easy on her or her staff. She is a doctor I would tell anyone to use.

Posted on June 1st, 2011

My Dr. retired and she was his replacement. Sometimes spent hours waiting and while she has managed to get you out of the waiting room faster you could set well over an hour in the exam room waiting. Once she arrived more times than not you would get a bible lesson and before you get to medical issues someone would knock on the door to let her know it was time to move to the next patient. I did find her medical knowledge very good. She seems to have a large turnover in staff. I had a problem every time I needed a refill on my meds and often made to fill as if I was doing something wrong for asking. If you need to speak with her other than at your appointment you could just forget it as she does not return phone calls. Maybe that's the way new doctors do things. I guess my old doctor spoiled me. Needless to say she is no longer my doctor.

Patient

Posted on December 19th, 2010

Dr. Whelchel has completely cleaned up her act in terms of wait in the office time. She, however, is well-worth a wait, as she is incredibly knowledgeable, a quick thinker and very empathetic. I feel very fortunate to have found such professionalism and expertise in little Marshall, Texas. Dr. Whelchel is also very well connected and respected by her colleagues. I have been referred by her to two outstanding specialists, and there is admiration all around.

Sit in waiting room for hours literally!

Posted on September 20th, 2010

I and members of my family have sat for 4 to 5 hours in order to see this Dr. on several occasions. We no longer go here.This Dr. took over after our Dr. retired.Phone is always busy and staff is unprofessional and disorganized.

You cant beat the best!

Posted on October 13th, 2008

As a healthcare professional myself, I know that upon rare occasions one might find a physician that is the embodiment, both clasically and modernly defined, as a true healer...Dr. Whelchel is that and so much more...she honestly and sincerely cares about the patient's best interests with a heart the size of Texas and an even greater intellect.

Posted on November 20th, 2017