Dr. Dawnette A Lewis Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Dawnette A Lewis?

CHANGED THEIR MIND ABOUT TAKING INSURANCE

This rating is NOT about the doctor but the practice itself. I scheduled an appointment with the office, having told them several times the type of insurance I have. I even called the insurance company AND checked the online insurance directory beforehand to make sure they accepted it. The receptionist who made the apt. confirmed my insurance information and told me that they were in network with my specific insurance plan. As soon as I got there, they informed me that whoever told me they take my insurance was wrong and that my only option to see the doctor was to pay entirely out of pocket. I called my insurance right then and there and had them speak to a nurse in the practice who could not give a valid reason as to why they were turning away a patient. They are, according to the insurance reps, contracted to see individuals within my particular insurance plan. Yet they turned me away even though they assured me they took it. Do not go here.

Type 2 Diabetes