Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dayalal D Tank has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 5
About a decade ago, I was suffering from depression issues and checked into Charter Oaks. Dr. Tank was my doctor. I don't remember him doing anything except prescribe Zoloft and Zyprexa. I do not know why he prescribed Zyprexa--I did not have any psychotic symptoms. Those two drugs did nothing for me, and for the next few years I had serious struggles with depression and was unable to graduate from school. Eventually I stumbled upon a book that talked about natural ways to beat depression. I started taking 5-HTP, Vitamin B6, and zinc. Within a few months the depression went away--I thought I was dreaming. I do not know why Dr. Tank didn't tell me about 5-HTP and Vitamin B6. There are many websites on the Internet written by doctors that talk about 5-HTP, B6, and many other natural supplements that have been proven to be effective for depression. Because of Dr. Tank's refusal to offer alternative treatment, I lost over five years of my life.
40 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Charles R Drew University
Dr. Dayalal D Tank accepts the following insurance providers.
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSunset Psychiatric Medical Center, 933 S Sunset Ave Ste 105, West Covina, CA
Dr. Dayalal D Tank is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Covina, CA.