Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daynelle M Dedmond
Dr. Daynelle M Dedmond, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport News, VA. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Dedmond is affiliated with Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital and Orthopaedic Hospital at Sentara CarePlex. Dr. Dedmond has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Daynelle M Dedmond has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
Dr. Dedmond and Her Staff are Wonderful. From the time I walked into the office with my nervous stomach and shaky hands, I was greeted with a calming and gentle receptionist. When my name was called I was taken back by a very gentle hand. I heard a voice that was calming and compassionate. It was exactly what I needed. I was told thoroughly by the nurse what the Doctor was going to be doing during the exam, and she reassured me that she was going to stay with me. Dr. Dedmond walked in, I heard a voice and I was put in a place of tranquility. She was very thorough as far as all of the testing and made sure I understood everything, and if not, she just kept repeating herself until I was comfortable with the answer and all of the questions. Dr. Dedmond is My Angel From Heaven, She Is One Of A Kind.
Dedmond was so helpful and honest with me about my surgery. I felt so comfortable after talking with her about getting it done. She was recommended to my by two of my other doctors and was very highly talked about. I also had a friend who went to her to have the same surgery I had done. I had little discomfort after my hysterectomy and very little scaring. I would definitely recommend her to a family member or a friend she was excellent and so was her staff with my surgery and the paper work I needed done for being able to take the time off work.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Dedmond is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Daynelle M Dedmond accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBon Secours Gynecologic Oncology Specialists, 12720 McManus Blvd Ste 308, Newport News, VA
Dr. Daynelle M Dedmond is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport News, VA.