Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dean E Altenhofen Sr
Dr. Dean E Altenhofen Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pensacola, FL. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Altenhofen is affiliated with Baptist Hospital, Sacred Heart Hospital On The Emerald Coast and Gulf Breeze Hospital. Dr. Altenhofen has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Dean E Altenhofen Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 64
I have been a patient of Dr. Dean Altenhofen since I was 18 years old he delivered both my children which are now 21 and 16. I love his friendly staff. I have never had a bad experience at his office. I have recommended several patients to his office. He is a wonderful and friendly doctor, easy to talk to and a good listener. I will continue to recommend patients to him. I am glad he is my doctor I wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2008, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Altenhofen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Sacred Heart Health System
Dr. Dean E Altenhofen Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDean Edmund Altenhofen Md, 6110 N Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL
Dr. Dean E Altenhofen Sr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Pensacola, FL.