Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dean Barton
Dr. Dean Barton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mount Arlington, NJ. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Barton is affiliated with St. Clare's Hospital-Sussex, Saint Clare's Hospital - Boonton Township and Morristown Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Dean Barton has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Barton saw my elderly brother several times in the office and in the hospital. The times in the office he was rude, nasty condenscending and not very knowledgable. When my brother was in the hospital, he discharged him knowing he was very sick and sent him home to die. We had to take him to another hospital to be treated and by then it was too late. Dr Barton is a heartless man and I truly don't know how he looks at himself in the mirror!
WORSE DOCTOR EVER! HE IS COLD HEARTLESS AND IS CARELESS!! DISCHARGED OUR FAMILY MEMBER FROM HOSPITAL W/O TELLING US HE HAD SEPSIS. BROUGHT HIM TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL WHERE HE RECEIVED EXCELLENT CARE BUT WE LOST HIM 2 DAYS LATER, THE BLAME FALLS DIRECTLY ON DR BARTON, KARMA WILL BE SERVED. STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!!!
Dr. Barton's bedside manner is horrendous. He is very cold. He had his back turned to me as soon as he walked in the room and was speaking to me without even looking at me. Then he literally yelled at me because I am still smoking. I found this to be VERY unprofessional and pretty obnoxious. People are very well aware of the risks smoking presents in cardiovascular disease, but I fail to see how YELLING at a patient is going to resolve the problem. Speaking to someone would be more effective. I have to return for further testing which I will do. However, in the event I need further treatment I will seek out another cardiologist. If I get yelled at by a physician, I tend to feel uncomfortable in the sense that his or her gruffness will intimidate me. I certainly would not have him perform anything surgically on me. If I cannot communicate with someone on a level as equals - not this "I am the doctor" "you are the patient" so I can address you in any manner I choose, forget it. I'll go elsewhere. The nurse that spent time with me at his office was alot more humanistic. Much softer approach. Thank you.
Dr. Barton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Clare's Hospital-Sussex
Saint Clare's Hospital - Boonton Township
Morristown Memorial Hospital
St. Clare's Hospital-Denville
Hackettstown Regional Medical Center
Saint Clare`s Hospital
Ahs Hosp Corp Mmh Morristown Memorial Hospital
Saint Clares Health System Denville
AHS Morristown Mem Hosp
28 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dr. Dean Barton accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMorris Heart Associates PA, 400 Valley Rd, Mount Arlington, NJ
Dr. Dean Barton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Arlington, NJ.